Our fans are clearly the best in the land...

Heron

I agree with you and we can think it but it does look cheesy as hell telling everyone. Let other people do it or else wallow in self satisfaction. No need for us to persuade anyone, so why do we feel the need?

Notice we never hear those very sneery comments you speak of directed at the above mentioned Liverpool fans ?

And, now THERE is a bunch of fans who spend half their lives kissing mirrors, mate !

How often do you hear those national journos almost w@nking themselves while praising fans who have - even now - averaged a trophy every other year for 40 years or so ?

It can be a dodgy place Barnsley! The ground isnt that far from the town centre (and train station which is close to the town centre) - a decent walk but not too bad. I'm off to the Honeywell as I used to live in the town but I would just be careful really.

I've been to Barnsley many times without having any problems, the pubs close to the ground are usually full of our fans anyway.  I used to spend the full weekend in Wombwell and never had a problem with anybody.

Before you get too carried away, the Mackems took the same the last time they were there.

just about to say that. when it comes to away followings the mackems are very similar to us.

Europe?

I cant wait for Barnsley. It will be the biggest away following i've ever been in. Just hope with the 7K going that there isnt too many folk that never go away that will be wanting to sit down, I've only ever sat down at one away game and it was fucking shit, ruined it.

The last 7 away games I've been too we havn't won in any of them, so heres hoping i can break my duck!

The mackems took 7K to Barnsley and tbf, do take good followings, however they all sit down at most away games which for me ruins that atmosphere.

anyone going to the barnsley game, coming up from london for this, wondering where people are going before hand

It can be a dodgy place Barnsley! The ground isnt that far from the town centre (and train station which is close to the town centre) - a decent walk but not too bad. I'm off to the Honeywell as I used to live in the town but I would just be careful really.

can be a bit lively aswell with the locals being a feisty bunch. recently a lot of the pubs being home fans only for bigger games.

Can't wait for this, have to change at Leeds on the train, not sure where to drink/what time to get there I can get any train.

There's a Wetherspoon's in Leeds train station if you can't be arsed walking far.

Can't wait for this, have to change at Leeds on the train, not sure where to drink/what time to get there I can get any train.

There's a Wetherspoon's in Leeds train station if you can't be arsed walking far.

Cheers will have a couple in there and then on to Barsnley

This will be only my second away game of the season, found it very hard to get to them this season.  My other was Notts Forest.  It's been so long since I've seen an away win, i was so frustrated after the Forest game.  Think my last was 3-1 at Blackburn, Martins x2! (and i have been to quite a lot).

I've been to Barnsley many times without having any problems, the pubs close to the ground are usually full of our fans anyway.  I used to spend the full weekend in Wombwell and never had a problem with anybody.

Wombwell is far enough out of the town centre. Its a lovely place and personally I havent had any bother either. Lived there for two years and other than piss taking out of accent no worries at all. Seen a fair few kickings in the town centre and on way up to it though! Just a word of caution!

I agree with you and we can think it but it does look cheesy as hell telling everyone. Let other people do it or else wallow in self satisfaction. No need for us to persuade anyone, so why do we feel the need?

Notice we never hear those very sneery comments you speak of directed at the above mentioned Liverpool fans ?

And, now THERE is a bunch of fans who spend half their lives kissing mirrors, mate !

How often do you hear those national journos almost w@nking themselves while praising fans who have - even now - averaged a trophy every other year for 40 years or so ?

Not interested in them though. Really couldnt give a toss. Mainly because I know what its about and I have been part of and always will be part of what matters. Supoorting Newcastle.

That tit Alan Green got really defensive about someone (think it may have been a mackem) questioning him about the number of non-scouse Liverpool fans (of which he is one) and him rattling on that it didnt matter in the slighest. To him it probably doesnt as he is Northern Irish and probably supports England (or Brazil, or Italy or France or Spain or whoever else may win) but to us it does.

Thats all I need to know about that mentality. Then ignore the fuckers and retreat into smugness.

Unless its mackems then its worth rattling on about.

Guest WashyGeordie

I calculated today that if we have 5000 in Coventry and 7000 in Barnsley we will have an average of 3328 away fans this season, 500 more than Wolves' record average last season....

There's 3,400 sold atm according to .com, so we'll probablies have about 3700-4k with tickets being sold on the night.

I calculated today that if we have 5000 in Coventry and 7000 in Barnsley we will have an average of 3328 away fans this season, 500 more than Wolves' record average last season....

There's 3,400 sold atm according to .com, so we'll probablies have about 3700-4k with tickets being sold on the night.

Ahh okay, my bad...

Newcastle-mad just wrote 5000...

Our travelling fans are legendary and as said if it was down to distance travelled X numbers then nobody would touch us.

Best in the land - not sure ??

We're a club in a large catchment area with a huge fan base but that doesn't make us any better than the hundred or so who will follow Darlo, Accy Stanley or any similar club away. Maybe they're the best fans in the land.

We'll see how good we are when we hit the inevitable sticky patch and lose a couple of games and whether we stick by the team and management or whether we start shouting for Keegan/Shearer again.

piss off with your sensible argument, we need rabble rousing rhetoric.

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!*

( south yorkshire*)

I think it will be great for a lot of the young uns who may not have experienced one of these days before.

Years ago it was the standard for games in South Yorkshire.

I've seen some big away followings, I missed the Liverpool away 0-4 cup game but I think the biggest I ever saw was Sheff Wed away one promotion season when we lost 4-2. Estimates put our support at 16-18,000 and although it was harder to give an accurate number back then the gate was about 48,000 and we definitely had at least a third of that.

I was at both the Lpool and Sheff Wed games. The Sheff Wed game was the best I'd been to up to that point in my life and remained so for a good while afterwards. There were thousands of us but the noise from their Kop when they scored was something else. We played so well that game an aal!

By the way not to dampen the spirits , the mackems took 12,000 to barnsley , Roy Keanes first games in charge.

ok mackem, but we arent getting 12000 seats. i have no doubt we could take that if given it.

Its alright, he's totally wrong anyway.