What do you call her then?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call her then?

• Mam
    • Mum
    • Mom
    • Mother
    • Other

Might as well set this bomb off before I go to bed. Contentious issues such as this always strike me in the early hours.

What do you call your mother? I say mam. I'm guessing the majority of geordie folk will say mam but let's see what happens with the poll, I might even do another pie chart. I currently live in the South and can only buy birthday cards that say 'mum'. 'Happy Birthday Mum'. I normally scribble out mum, write 'mam' and do a little note that it's like living in a foreign country or something. Make it all about me on her birthday, they love that stuff.

Anyway, what do you call her?

Ma

Doesn't even have that on the poll, does he, the big racist?

:lol:

'Ma' = other, as you well know.  I wasn't about to have a hundred options or else I'd have options like 'mother of me brother... and me', etc.  Ain't happening man, I considered the options for weeks.

Went through a spell when i was about 10 of calling my mam by her first name, was a bit weird as everyone thought i was fostered/adopted.

Ma

Doesn't even have that on the poll, does he, the big racist?

:lol:

'Ma' = other, as you well know.  I wasn't about to have a hundred options or else I'd have options like 'mother of me brother... and me', etc.  Ain't happening man, I considered the options for weeks.

Did you fuck. I put hours of thoughts into the animal thread and reaped the rewards.

Guest Roger Kint

Went through a spell when i was about 10 of calling my mam by her first name, was a bit weird as everyone thought i was fostered/adopted.

I still do that when shes out in our local. She calls me by my nickname or surname too ;D

Guest lankybellwipe

Mam or marmee if I'm being particularly affectionate. The baby calls me mama :aww:

:lol:  Why not just call her Marmite and be done with it?........................ Bovril!!

"I'm makiing some marmite Bovril! Would you like some marmite Bovril? Or maybe I could make you some Bovril Bovril?"

Mom is so american.

Mam for me.

true dat.  so, i call her, 'Mom'.  i do use the term 'Ma' also.  i think for many americans Mam sounds like you're referring to one breast.  i don't mean any offence by that either. :angel: