Gaming consoles

alpal78

Which is the best?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best?

• PS3
    • Nintendo Wii
    • Xbox

Can anyone shed some light? I just moved into a new place, got an awesome home theatre set with a 46 inch Sony Bravia but no gaming console yet. I know PS3 has the best graphic but some has said that Wii is more fun (i.e. the motion sensor..boxing gloves, steering wheel) and is more of a hit with the ladies. Not so sure of the advantage/disadvantage of the Xbox? Any thoughts?

Wii is fun for about 2 days then you never use it.

360 has more online folk off here so if you want to hardcore it up then go for that.

PS3, does blu ray, similar games to 360, though online community is smaller.

The Xbox has shit loads more games and imo a far better online system. If you are buying solely for games, then buy the Xbox. The PS3 is great for games too, but it doesnt have anywhere near as many good games as the Xbox, however, it has an unreal media system. Its great for blu ray dvds, streaming video, storing video, photo etc plus it has a web browser and a load of other things. The Wii is basically a novelty that will wear off. I have all 3 btw. In a nutshell:

If you want this for games: Xbox

Games and media: PS3

Parties etc: Wii (this doesnt mean the other 2 arnt good for having mates round btw)

Over all, id get the Xbox if I had to pick one. If you can get the PS3 and Xbox though :aww:

I voted PS3 because it's so much quieter than 360, has better exclusives (IMHO) and is quicker, slicker and better as far as film, music and interweb browsery is concerned.  I'm in almost complete agreement with Decky, though :)  I was, the first time I bought a Wii, in complete agreement with Kaizero but have since bought another and found it to be alright, actually, and unquestionably more popular with people who don't normally play games (which in my case certainly includes women).

So you  voted for PS3, agree with Decky that Xbox is the best, agree with Kaizero that Wii is crap but now think that it is not so bad after all. I think you've just confused me more ???

Voted Xbox due to online PLAY, and their decision making skills with regards to what they've invested their time in developing (i.e. not shitting away time and money developing home).

Yes the PS3 is better for media, but it ultimately is about three million times worse than a dedicated Home Theatre PC for that kinda stuff.

It's a bit of a daft vote without knowing expressly what you want from a system. I'd only get a Wii if you're a VERY casual gamer who intends to play once in a blue moon. Plus, you've got a massive fancy TV, the Wii graphics are ugly as sin, you really wouldn't be taking advantage of what you've got there.

Voted Xbox due to online PLAY, and their decision making skills with regards to what they've invested their time in developing (i.e. not shitting away time and money developing home).

Yes the PS3 is better for media, but it ultimately is about three million times worse than a dedicated Home Theatre PC for that kinda stuff.

It's a bit of a daft vote without knowing expressly what you want from a system. I'd only get a Wii if you're a VERY casual gamer who intends to play once in a blue moon. Plus, you've got a massive fancy TV, the Wii graphics are ugly as sin, you really wouldn't be taking advantage of what you've got there.

In terms of graphics, is the Xbox comparable to the PS3?

AFAIK PS3 is capable of better graphics, but many multi-platform games have had reviews saying that the graphics are pretty much identical. In the instance of COD:MW2 I'm sure I read a review claiming the Xbox 360 marginally edged it on the graphics front.

Anyway, the point is that whilst the PS3 is probably capable of better graphics, you're probably not going to be able to pick between the two.

I really don't think there is a whole deal to pick between the two. Depends if you're looking to play online, and then whether you're willing to pay for that service. Especially as there is quite a sizable Xbox Live community right here on NO.

AFAIK PS3 is capable of better graphics, but many multi-platform games have had reviews saying that the graphics are pretty much identical. In the instance of COD:MW2 I'm sure I read a review claiming the Xbox 360 marginally edged it on the graphics front.

Anyway, the point is that whilst the PS3 is probably capable of better graphics, you're probably not going to be able to pick between the two.

I really don't think there is a whole deal to pick between the two. Depends if you're looking to play online, and then whether you're willing to pay for that service. Especially as there is quite a sizable Xbox Live community right here on NO.

Ok I probably won't play online as the connection in the Philippines is pretty crap! Does that change anything? Thanks

Xbox 360 is getting "Project Natal" (sometime in 2010) which is like Wii motion control but without the need for a controller.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/projectnatal/default.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Natal

Apparently the PS3 is harder to develop for than Xbox 360 so developers rarely extract the maximum from it. A lot of PS3 games tend to be Xbox 360 ports.

Best bet is to get the machine your friends have. That way you can play against them and swap games. I know a few early adopters of PS3 who would say it's the best but had no one to play against as everyone else has Xbox 360s.

Best bet is to get the machine your friends have. That way you can play against them and swap games. I know a few early adopters of PS3 who would say it's the best but had no one to play against as everyone else has Xbox 360s.

Agree with that.

Buy what your mates have. If they a) have consoles and b) exist.

Unless you've found 1 that is much cheaper than the other.

Xbox 360 is getting "Project Natal" (sometime in 2010) which is like Wii motion control but without the need for a controller.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/projectnatal/default.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Natal

Apparently the PS3 is harder to develop for than Xbox 360 so developers rarely extract the maximum from it. A lot of PS3 games tend to be Xbox 360 ports.

The PS3 is also getting a motion controller, one that looks even more similar to the wii than Natal.

Not that the wii had much going for it before, but after these have been released, I really can't see any reason why anyone would want a wii over an xbox or ps3.

I'd say there's pretty much nothing between the 360 and ps3 right now. PS3 has had a stronger year this year in terms of exclusive titles, but the 360 back catalogue is very impressive, and there's not much in it in terms of upcoming exclusives IMO.

Can anyone shed some light? I just moved into a new place, got an awesome home theatre set with a 46 inch Sony Bravia but no gaming console yet. I know PS3 has the best graphic but some has said that Wii is more fun (i.e. the motion sensor..boxing gloves, steering wheel) and is more of a hit with the ladies. Not so sure of the advantage/disadvantage of the Xbox? Any thoughts?

lololol

Multi-format games (that's nearly all of them these days) run better on 360, almost without fail. It's been proven time and time again on the Eurogamer comparisons.

If you can only get one, pick whichever console most of your friends have so you can play online with them.