Aaron Spear, wtf?

Guest Mani

Can anybody tell me what happened to this kid. how is his progression?

I remember before we managed to nab him, he was scouted by Wenger and Moyes and was touted as the new Wayne Rooney.

How is he doing?  aint heard shit from him, has he suffered a serious injury? 

Why is there no thread called "Aaron Spear straight like a banana".

thanx for the update guys, 

didnt Rooney make his debut at 16?  not long to wait then lol. 

Yes i know he's not Nile Ranger hahaha.

What is it with the straight like a banana craic?  i don't get it.

Straight like a banana originated from Nile Rangers Myspace page, the title on it was "STR8888888888888888 like a banana".

thanx man  :thup:

I remember before we managed to nab him, he was scouted by Wenger and Moyes and was touted as the new Wayne Rooney.

That sort shit more than likely put around by the same crowd that put it around that Adjei was causing stir with Europe big clubs.

Tonton Zola Mokouko > Cherno Samba.

TBH.

Did he play for Wimbledon?

There was a FM (probably CM back then) legend i really couldn't remember their name, same team as Reo-Coker.

Lionel Morgan?

No, it wasn't either of them, though i do remember him after reading this: (apologies to the OP for taking this off topic)

Top Ten: Football Manager Legends

Jonny Abrams

Posted on: 06 April 2009 - 09:33

Football

Comments: 2 Go...

It may have escaped your notice but, Derek Asamoah signed for Hamilton Academical on a short-term deal. This got Sport.co.uk thinking – as we do on occasion – about other great signings from Football Manager (previously Championship Manager) days of yore. Here are ten such legends of the game:

1. Freddy Adu – Used to be touted for great things, it is hard to say how much the hype surrounding him was owed to his consistently superb performances as a small dot on a computer game. Due to work permit complications, he could be difficult to get hold of for a British club but the perseverance was always worth it. An AMC/FC blessed with sublime (if simulated) ability, Adu was a must buy on a number of versions of the game. Fredua Koranteng Adu, to give him his full name, is currently on loan at Monaco from Benfica.

2. Tonton Zola Moukoko – For those who managed to type his name correctly into the search engine, this young AMC was sheer dynamite. The Ghanaian-Swede could be picked up for a mere £500,000 from Derby, a sum which you would recuperate many times over as he fired you to Champions League success season after season. Destined to go down as one of the most universally fondly-remembered footballers, despite the fact that he appears not to even have his own Wikipedia page. According to the man himself, he gets calls from all around the world enquiring as to why he isn’t playing for a top club. He said in February of last year: “These days I'm looking for a new club and going back to play for Derby once again is one of my dreams.” You go, ‘koko!

3. Lionel Morgan – A young AML at Wimbledon in the 03/04 version of the game, he would start with an injury that kept him out for a few months, but this should not have deterred splashing out a cool million on his services. Once he returned, he’d need little bedding in time, even at the top level. A vital cog for club and country, the real Lionel Morgan had to retire through injury at just 21 after suffering “a bruised and lacerated ankle resulting from a foul tackle by Portsmouth's Tim Sherwood”. After one Man of the Match performance for England Under-19s, pundits compared him to a young John Barnes. Now a coach at the Broadwater United football project.

4. Mohamed Al-Deayea – Truly top-class goalkeepers could be hard to find. Kasper Schmeichel managed to virtually replicate his old man’s success. And Igor Akinfeev managed to carry his Champ status into the real world. But perhaps the greatest of all was Saudi Arabian stopper Al-Deayea who, as of November 2008, he is the world record holder for most international appearances by a male footballer, with 181 caps. (And that’s in real life.) Was apparently about to be signed by Manchester United as a replacement for Fabien Barthez, but a failed work permit application forced him to remain at Al-Hilal. Yes, you read that right – Man Utd were refused a work permit. Now that’s a collector’s piece.

5. Daniel Braaten – My own personal favourite. Averaged me 40 goals a season for around ten years – not bad for an outlay of £60,000. Also capable of playing on the left wing, Braaten formed a deadly partnership in attack with the £30,000-costing Orri Freyr Óskarsson. Bolton Wanderers paid £450,000 for Braaten in 2007 but he played just six times, scoring once in a 3-0 win over Reading. Unlike me, it seems, they were not able to unleash his awesome potential. Oh, what could have been. Now at Toulouse, where he has scored one goal in 22 appearances.

6. Neil Lennon – Lennon represents a bit of a wild card, in that he actually went on to have a bit of success in real life. But he was never the same player as when he was a young AMC at Crewe Alexandra on the 95/96 edition of Championship Manager. Available for a few hundred thousand, Lennon would score 30-odd goals per season if deployed in ‘the hole’ behind the front two, in that diamond formation which used to virtually guarantee success. A tough-tackling midfielder for Leicester City and Celtic, the real Lennon has only ever scored 26 goals in his entire career, which dates back to 1989.

7. Lebohang Mokoena – Brilliant young attacking midfielders have generally been abundant in the game, and it’s tempting to overload your squad with them. But Mokoena – no relation to Blackburn Rovers hatchet man Aaron – was one of the few who transcended virtual brilliance into virtual folklore. A one-club man at Orlando Pirates, the real Mokoena has been capped five times by South Africa and, according to his Wikipedia entry, is nicknamed “Cheese”. Unfortunately, we are not told why this is.

8. Ibrahima Bakayoko – When Everton signed him for £4.5m in 1998, hearts were aflutter on the CM-playing blue half of Merseyside. On some of the earlier versions of the game, Bakayoko was absolutely unplayable. Very few had actually seen the real one play for Montpellier, but how wrong could the game database be? Well, as we have discovered, frequently very. Came within inches of converting a diving header in the first minute of his debut against Liverpool, but that’s about as good as it got for him in the Premier League. With a touch like a tackle and a football brain as absent as any number of potheads from school during the G20 riots (here we go again), the Toffees did well to get most of their money back from Marseilles a year later. Returned to Goodison last season with Greek side Larissa in the UEFA Cup and currently ‘playing his trade’ at PAOK, where apparently he has bagged some vital late goals.

9. Vincent Kompany / Anthony vanden Borre – If you could manage to prise both of these young defenders away from Anderlecht – which would set you back around £10m or so – then your backline would be pretty much sorted for years. A DC and a DMRC respectively, Kompany was a more instant performer while vanden Borre tended to need a bit of time to settle. Try telling him that, though, as a few weeks of not starting would prompt him to contract severe tittiness of the lip. Kompany of course is now at Manchester City, while vanden Borre is on loan at Genoa from Fiorentina. I’d like to think that, from time to time, they get on the blower to each other and reminisce about those halcyon days under my virtual tutelage.

10. Cherno Samba – File alongside Freddy Adu in the “lost wonderkid” stakes. An astonishing amount of hype surrounded the then 14 years-old Samba while he was at Millwall. All the top clubs wanted him, we were told. All the agents wanted a slice of the action. As it turned out, he never even played a game for Millwall. Joined Plymouth Argyle in 2006, via Cadiz and Malaga, but scored just once in 13 appearances. Now at FC Haka, a Finnish side based in the industry town of Valkeakoski, he even has his own Urban Dictionary entry: “A lower league footballer who, despite his real life inabilities, is considered to be a world beater because of his perceived skill level in Championship Manager. eg. ‘Let's sign us a Cherno Samba’”.

Guest Heneage

Lionel Morgan!

I remember Mokoena being quite the little star, him and Benedict Viakazi (sp) were Oralndo Pirates money earners back then.

Still remember the times when nobody who didn't play CM would know who Cristiano Ronaldo was.

Got him scouted and signed him for the team of the neighborhood I grew in (CF Badalona), spearheading my run towards a CL title.

I can forgive the fecker for signing for Real Madrid after that  :smitten:

Maxim Tsigalko was a legend too. Got him to score 100 goals per season more than once. That game was silly.