How shallow are you?

Keefaz

Used to think I was quite a deep, thoughtful sort of chap, but it's clear I'm just a mindless bloody animal like all other blokes. http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/Harry.gif

What about you, you deluded idiot?

I'm way way way too shallow for my own good, and because of that I will die alone.

Unless of course I get filthy rich, or famous, then hot out of my league gold digging women will fuck me for the money/fame. Which I won't mind, since I'm already that shallow.

Used to think I was quite a deep, thoughtful sort of chap, but it's clear I'm just a mindless bloody animal like all other blokes. http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/Harry.gif

What did you do man?

I'm deep as fuck by the way.

What did you do man?

Think I just got older and stopped denying my entirely human character flaws.

What did you do man?

Oh sorry, I thought some recent event had given you an epiphany or something.

Not much scope for me in this thread other than to reiterate that I don't think I'm very shallow at all.  I'm mainly interested in the important stuff like love, respect, treating people properly, beards and laughing a lot.  I'm actually a right twat to people that I think are fake and shallow because I think that they need to give their head a shake.  I'll never make a success of myself because I'm too soft and I'm too honest.

What did you do man?

I'm deep as f*** by the way.

Oh sorry, I thought some recent event had given you an epiphany or something.

Not much scope for me in this thread other than to reiterate that I don't think I'm very shallow at all.  I'm mainly interested in the important stuff like love, respect, treating people properly, beards and laughing a lot.  I'm actually a right t*** to people that I think are fake and shallow because I think that they need to give their head a shake.  I'll never make a success of myself because I'm too soft and I'm too honest.

I used to think like you before... but i think in some point of your life, You'll need to think again about yourself & feel very shallow.

Not sure, I think for my age where the majority seem to be raging horny pricks that only care about what a girl looks like, I'm less shallow than most. But outside of my age bracket I'm shallower than most imo.

This.

Guest Heneage

I think it fritter between the two. I'm not interested in attempting to stick my penis in as many girls as possible like a fair few of my friends, but I can have moments of intense shallowness, in terms of wanting something so bad when I actually don't really need it, such as the Monster Beat headphones or my Blackberry.

I think the people you are with affect you like that sometimes too, when I'm with my Dad or with my friend Jess, I find myself being deeper and seeing the world from a wider perspective, I care less about materialistic things and appearences and possibly just settle into what feels naturally comfortable. But then around other friends mainly the lads I always want to look good, be funny and the centre of attention, there are a certain group who are very egotistical, shallow and competitive, and I think that brings it out of you. But then we'd all like to see ourselves as deep.

My Dad was telling me the other day he thinks he's seen a change in me over the last 6-8 months. He said it was encapsulated by Christmas, instead of making a list of what I wanted I'd instead mentioned to him about sorting out my brother his first laptop for College, I think in all honesty, situations can make you deeper, I think a person's depth can fluxuate and change through life.

I don't think I am at all, sometimes I think i'm too the other way. And in the past has led to depression. Certianly it did lead to my latest intense bout a couple of months ago. (Bring this shit downn hah) Often when I was younger I'd just think about life and the point of living it, we were all going to die anyway so why didn't just enjoy our time, do whatever we wanted (within reason) and generally be happier. I looked around at people and couldn't get my head round how people go to the same job day in day out for however many years, it just made no sense to a 12/13 year old. I stopped school for about a year and read up on stuff that interested me, things like WW2, the British and Roman Empires and ancient Egyptians, honestly. I couldn't get my head round my Mum going out to the same job she's had for 27 years in the same town that she was raised, it made no sense and still doesn't. Growing up a bit more I realise now that most do it as a means to an end, mortgages, families etc but it still slightly nags at me a bit and I'm going to make sure I don't fall into the same trap. I know I will end up with a job and a lifestyle that will mean something to me because I have literally no tolerance of anything that doesn't, and that has it's plusses and negatives.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

How does being amorous = shallow?

What you should question is are you curious about the world? Do you read books with some significance like nuts and zoo, do you explore the humanities etc? Are you abreast of global events or do you just sit through the ITV news every evening and think you are informed?

Not to pick on Kezman but to say 'like I wanted an Xbox last christmas, but dis christmas I is buyin a laptop for me bro' does not equate to any sort of depth. I would assert that it is shallow to think that it does. 'Me dad noticed a change in me past 6 months' it's called puberty. And hopefully through this process of growth your brains will develop to a point where you have a thirst for knowledge, and you act upon it, ultimately that will bring some depth regardless of your intelligence.

Guest Heneage

What you should question is are you curious about the world? Do you read books with some significance like nuts and zoo, do you explore the humanities etc? Are you abreast of global events or do you just sit through the ITV news every evening and think you are informed?

Not to pick on Kezman but to say 'like I wanted an Xbox last christmas, but dis christmas I is buyin a laptop for me bro' does not equate to any sort of depth. I would assert that it is shallow to think that it does. 'Me dad noticed a change in me past 6 months' it's called puberty. And hopefully through this process of growth your brains will develop to a point where you have a thirst for knowledge, and you act upon it, ultimately that will bring some depth regardless of your intelligence.

I didn't say 'I wanted an Xbox.'

My point was more the depth to put others before yourself. Money is tight in my house, and whereas before I would still expect presents etc that come with Christmas, I'm now happy to forsake those in the quest of happyness for others, my motivations have changed as a person. As for your truly hilarious quip about puberty, well Sir, I can only giggle like mad, would it be easier if I just put a ":lol:" Would that give you the gratification you needed? That self serving nature of attempting to belittle those around you, shallow is not measured purely by intellect, you can also have emotional depth, something you clearly are lacking in, due to your lack of empathy displayed.

It's funny sometimes you seem a thoroughly nice chap, quite funny, and on occassion insightful, othertimes you are immature,unfunny and trying to hard like the 6 year old who just discovered that 53378008 spells 'Boobless' on a calculator.

Aye but whether you think the example appeared hollow or not, the point he was making was that thinking about other people before yourself represents emotional depth.  You're talking about intellectual depth.

I interpreted the topic as whether you're emotionally deep or shallow, rather than whether you're a person who is dead smug because they've read the odd buzz-book and that.  There are so many well-read people who have no emotional depth, nor do they have any social skills.  Doubtless it works the other way around as well, but as I say I thought this thread was about emotional depth or shallowness, rather than people's cultural tastes.