Memories 70's,80's,90's

madras

90s: that stupid joke at school.

Them: Newcastle are selling Cole.

Me: :kinnear:

Them: Aye, 5 pound a bag.

Except one day when I was leaving school for the day someone said "Newcastle have sold Cole" and I went "aye 5 pound a bag, whatever" and it was true and I was devastated.

Having to meet people at a certain time or it was tough shit (no mobiles).

I didn't even have a fucking phone. If I wanted to meet a mate I'd have to agree a time and a place at school or wherever and assume they'd turn up.

sunday afternoon games of football with blokes who'd had a dozen pints in 2 hours (80's)

being able to play any game we wanted in the street as there were only 3 or 4 cars (70's)

being able to play in the woods and disappear for 6 or 7 hours without a police search party looking for us (80's/90's)

)

being able to play in the woods and disappear for 6 or 7 hours without a police search party looking for us (80's/90's)

Kids actually playing in the street.

Gary Glitter on top of the pops.

Collecting bees in jam jars.

excellent. why didnt they have the big fight we always believed they would.

Not sure, mate, but I feel quite guilty now all the bees are dying out. Me and the kids on our block are probably responsible for the deaths of millions.

the extra specialness of holiday tele when,unlike todays wall to wall 24hr kids tele we got a couple of hours in the morning and we lapped up every second.............no matter how crap it was!

why don't you for fucks sake. ?

the extra specialness of holiday tele when,unlike todays wall to wall 24hr kids tele we got a couple of hours in the morning and we lapped up every second.............no matter how crap it was!

why don't you for fucks sake. ?

:nope:

tripe, watched religiously.