iPod question

pinkeye

Just bought an iPod and in the process of uploading some of my CD collection into it.

Is there any way of getting the album cover to copy into the directory as well so that when I list the albums it shows the cover as well as the artist and title?

Cheers.

Just bought an iPod and in the process of uploading some of my CD collection into it.

Is there any way of getting the album cover to copy into the directory as well so that when I list the albums it shows the cover as well as the artist and title?

Cheers.

Right click on the song and press "Get album art cover" or something similar. You'll need an iTunes account though IIRC.

• 1 month later...

Can you upload DVD into an iPod in the same, or similar, way to how you upload CD's?

You'll need to d/l sperate software. I used to have some but git rid of it because I wated the 120 GB of memory for music and movie. I'm sure someone could recomend a software program

Now that sounds complicated, hopefully someone can give me the idiots guide to doing this..........

It's not too bad, you choose the DVD chapters you want to put on your computer and the format you want it in (e.g. MP4, medium quality). Then you go away for a LONG TIME while it does the business.

Then you have files on your computer that you can import into iTunes and fill in the details (show, series etc).

Some DVDs don't seem to work, must be something to do with copy protection I guess.

I may sound thick but, could you explain that a bit clearer for me being a bit of a novice at all this technology stuff:

Start with putting the DVD in my computer and take me from that point onwards please?

Now that sounds complicated, hopefully someone can give me the idiots guide to doing this..........

It's not too bad, you choose the DVD chapters you want to put on your computer and the format you want it in (e.g. MP4, medium quality). Then you go away for a LONG TIME while it does the business.

Then you have files on your computer that you can import into iTunes and fill in the details (show, series etc).

Some DVDs don't seem to work, must be something to do with copy protection I guess.

Can I rip with iTunes or do I need to use another program such as windows media player or something?

Can I rip with iTunes or do I need to use another program such as windows media player or something?

You need to use a piece of software that can rip DVDs, you will need to download something. I would recommend Handbrake, but sure there are loads of others.

I may sound thick but, could you explain that a bit clearer for me being a bit of a novice at all this technology stuff:

Start with putting the DVD in my computer and take me from that point onwards please?

1. Download and install Videora iPod Converter

2. Put your disc in your computer

3. Open Videora

4. Chose which iPod you've got from the menu

5. In Videora, in the left menu, under "convert", press DVD

From there, there's a guide in Videora how you should progress. It should be pretty straightforward.

• 6 months later...

The new iPod touch sticks with tradition by matching the specs of the latest iPhone and stripping out the call connectivity in exchange for an even slimmer shell. And it looks set to be a good trade off: the new iPod touch packs a 5MP camera with HD video, a front-facing camera for FaceTime and iOS 4.1 straight out of the box.

Touch=iPhone without the phone and a bit slimmer

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/09/ipod-liveblog-2010-0259-rm-eng.jpg

Shuffle

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/09/ipod-liveblog-2010-0177-rm-eng-1283361806.jpg

Nano

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/09/ipod-liveblog-2010-0199-rm-eng-1283361924.jpg

No mention of the classic.

Also, iTunes 'Ping' = Musicfacebookyness. Here begins the spotify challenge.