Have you ever?

pinkeye

Been so ill from the drink that you decide that you are giving it up for good?

Thursday last week for me was the last time I ever drink alcohol, fuckin' ridiculous to be that ill from having a night out!  I am still ill now!! 

On holiday I couldn't move without puking up. I stayed in bed all day until about midnight then went back out again.

Only felt that bad once since, never really thought "thats it, never again" because I know I will.

Have thought a number of times I am giving up going out though, don't really go out much these days.

Thursday last week for me was the last time I ever drink alcohol, fuckin' ridiculous to be that ill from having a night out!  I am still ill now!! 

Plenty of times.

Guest palnese

When in Magaluf last year I was womiting blood for a couple of days after a good 10 days drinking heavily.

I thought I was going to die.

Everytime I've been drinking more than a lot, then it passes after a few days or weeks.

Don't know how I ever managed 2 weeks on the piss with the lads when I was younger.

I did that in the summer, one week in Barcelona and one in Ibiza. My hungovers have gotten a lot worse in six months though, doubt I could pull it off again.

Then again, it's so much easier to drink when you're on holiday and there's a lot of sun instead of the constant dark we've got going on now.

Guest GAMMELL

Aye, my heavy drinking days are well and truly over. The last 6 months or so my intake has decreased quite a bit. I'm pissed on about 5 pints now and have to go home pretty much after them. Get a right bollocking over it from the lads and probably rightly so, must be the lurve

Yes and quit for a month, nights out not drinking are quite good tbh!

I think they are shit, you realise the people you hang about with are a punch of pricks when drunk and then remember why you started drinking in the first place.

Yes and quit for a month, nights out not drinking are quite good tbh!

I sometimes wonder if I could actually do that. A mate of mine quit drinking a couple of years ago, for a whole year...and I just don't think I could do it...even though I quit smoking a couple of years ago, having been a 20 a day smoker for far too long, and I just quit cold turkey - but it wasn't easy and I still occasionally yearn for a tab from time to time...so I wonder if I could cope with the idea of going teetotal. I seriously doubt I could.

I honestly don't think I could. Not unless I moved to another culture maybe. I have been trying to pace myself a bit better on nights out though and that makes a big difference compared to drinking till you feel that shit all the time.

Nope, never. Mostly because I don't want to quit drinking, so no matter how bad I feel, I know I'll be back on it next weekend.

This. :snod:

Thankfully, I'm getting better and knowing my limits, and knocking it on the head at the stage where I know I'll have a rotten hangover.

Loads of times, laying in bed on a brandy or whisky hang over.

One thing that ive not experienced for a long time now, the room spinning.

Hated that, even when laying flat on the bed or floor in my case i still felt like a could fall off.

CP40 once found me in our parents kitchen with my head in the bin being sick. "what you doing down there?" "who me?" was my reply in a druken groan. 

He took my kebab !!!  :angry:

When I'm lying in bed and the rooms spinning, I always put one foot on the floor, seems to help a little bit.

This works. It's cause it gives you a perception of where up and down is. Works with just putting your hand on the floor as well.