Glasgow in the Championship

Stifler

Here is an interesting concept/idea I posted in the CCC forum. I was woundering if you thought it would be a good way to increase the CCC's profile, keeps it's TV interest after we have gone, and say a big fuck you to the EPL, plus I think it's a fairer way then just allowing the Old Firm into the EPL.

Since the Old Firm don't seem to be getting accepted into the EPL, what would you think if the Football League invited them to join the Championship, say creating another 2 places in the league. I for one like the idea of it and think it would work, lets say have 4 teams relegated instead of 3 each season to make it more competitive at the bottom. I know it's highly likely my team won't be in the Championship next season, but I see the way of Celtic and Rangers being in the CCC as a good way to keep the TV attraction to it, which will dip when NUFC and WBA go back up, it would also bring money with it, making it slightly better for those teams who do go up into the EPL in terms of funding to compete. It would also be a big fuckyou to the EPL if Celtic and Rangers got promoted, after the EPL broke away from the Football League so it could keep all of it's money, it's a chance for revenge making them accept 2 clubs they never wanted.

So what do you hink of my bright idea?, also considering the 4th relegation spot doesn't have to be included, but I thought with 2 extra league places, it would make the middle of the table more competitive as these teams would be wanting to get away from the increased danger of relegation.

Here is an interesting concept/idea I posted in the CCC forum. I was woundering if you thought it would be a good way to increase the CCC's profile, keeps it's TV interest after we have gone, and say a big f*** you to the EPL, plus I think it's a fairer way then just allowing the Old Firm into the EPL.

Since the Old Firm don't seem to be getting accepted into the EPL, what would you think if the Football League invited them to join the Championship, say creating another 2 places in the league. I for one like the idea of it and think it would work, lets say have 4 teams relegated instead of 3 each season to make it more competitive at the bottom. I know it's highly likely my team won't be in the Championship next season, but I see the way of Celtic and Rangers being in the CCC as a good way to keep the TV attraction to it, which will dip when NUFC and WBA go back up, it would also bring money with it, making it slightly better for those teams who do go up into the EPL in terms of funding to compete. It would also be a big fuckyou to the EPL if Celtic and Rangers got promoted, after the EPL broke away from the Football League so it could keep all of it's money, it's a chance for revenge making them accept 2 clubs they never wanted.

So what do you hink of my bright idea?, also considering the 4th relegation spot doesn't have to be included, but I thought with 2 extra league places, it would make the middle of the table more competitive as these teams would be wanting to get away from the increased danger of relegation.

An interesting idea, but prepare to be pulled to bits on here!

I don't think it's feasible(them joining the league), they'd get so little TV money in the SPL that the whole league would deteriorate dramatically we would need every scottish team to start from the bottom which won't happen unless there is some form of outside funding to keep them going until (if) they rise to the top. Best option is to welcome them all into a new cup, replace or change the carling cup, to make it the United Kingdom Cup or something, which i would kind of enjoy!

Guest Stephen927

You come up with some s**** you do Chris. :lol:

Face it, it's not as bad as the 39th games idea and the toher s*** the FA and FIFA come out with is it?

I'd rather the 39th game if given the choice.

The Championship is already 46 games long, add the two Scottish teams and thats 50 league fixtures for each team.

I am all for adding St. Mirren as long as they start in League One or Two - I have mixed (but mainly negative) feelings about any other Glasgow team.

Because the Old FIrm leaving would spell doom for the SPL we should allow any of the other teams in Scotland to come down and join if they wanted.

Take 5 random teams from the EPL and make them live in Possil. That way channel four can get a reality show out of it.

http://www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk/pictures/nedSquad.gif

Otherwise. Bit of a crazy idea. They should probably be made to start at the very bottom. Either way, you think Scottish football is dead now? It would be dug up and shagged if we lost the old firm.

Terrible, if they want in the league they start at the bottom like every other new club.

This.  Personally they can stay in Scotland.  Find nothing more boring than the Celtic Rangers debate.