Newbies

madras

It has came to my notice recently that the newbies have been taking some grief for not "stepping up to the plate" and making a worthwhile contribution to this place. so, is this true or is it that the established members have became sooo cliquified that newbies aren't allowed to grow into something bueatiful ?

On the contrary, the oldies are as boring as f***.

Parky and JJC can both go and suck a bollock.

what the fuck do you mean "on the contrary" when i gave both viewpoints. they can't both be contrary.

They bloody well are.

To paraphrase: "are the newbies shit, or are they just shit because we oldies are such a tight-knit group."

Neither... you're just a bunch of boring farts that don't like change.

The impression I get on here is that quite a few people know each other - in the real world.........

In that respect it is fairly intimidating if all you want to do is have a crack as well as contribute to opinion and news about NUFC.  I suppose you feel outnumbered in a weird sort of way.

I have been coming on here for a couple of years and still feel like a newbie.

The impression I get on here is that quite a few people know each other - in the real world.........

In that respect it is fairly intimidating if all you want to do is have a crack as well as contribute to opinion and news about NUFC.  I suppose you feel outnumbered in a weird sort of way.

Tbf I've met plenty of people off here and still feel like a newbie.  :lol:

On the contrary, the oldies are as boring as f***.

Parky and JJC can both go and suck a bollock.

what the f*** do you mean "on the contrary" when i gave both viewpoints. they can't both be contrary.

They bloody well are.

To paraphrase: "are the newbies s***, or are they just s*** because we oldies are such a tight-knit group."

Neither... you're just a bunch of boring farts that don't like change.

and on an internet forum such as this a tightly knit group restricting others isn't a good thing.

Guest firetotheworks

Same

I think you're all alright and you're also sound with my brother so no probs here.

I didn't really know what Jay Jay Sea was saying tbh.  He said "you know who you are".  And I thought "do we/they know who we/they are?  Am I one then?"  I don't really know where it's all came from really - I never used to be a very 'internetty' sort of person at all but people on here are welcoming to the extent that I feel comfortable posting whatever I think will be of interest / getting stuff off my chest, etc now.  I can see why new posters might feel intimidated as there are people on here that have clearly known one another for years, but then again it's only the internet, so who cares?

I've been here since March 08 and I already feel like part of the furniture.

aye a standard lamp.

i joined same time 7000 posts. but i think slower.

You've only been here since 2008? :kasper: That totally shatters my entire universe.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

There didn't used to be 100 page threads about fucking x factor and big brotherr, and these days you can't take the piss out of one of the new lot without them getting really upset, they take themselves real serious.

Same

This post really highlights what the problem is.  People actually attempt to post a response to something and it gets washed over by the "regulars" looking for inside jokes to fuck around with each other with.  Not that I care when my posts get looked over, but again - just an attempt to answer the original post.

aye a standard lamp.

You've only been here since 2008? :kasper: That totally shatters my entire universe.

yep, only got the internet march 08.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I think some of the newbies think that the 'old regulars' just don't even bother reading their posts and try just to make inside jokes with each other all the time but that's just nonce sensical in my view, it is welcoming here but as long as you don't take yourself too seriously.

aye a standard lamp.

Your entire universe seems to shatter on quite a regular basis.