Would you extend Harewood's loan until the end of the season?

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We wouldnt hardly score without harewood. Hes scored 4. Nolan maybe, not harewood.

Having said that after recent performances id put him currently as being our 3rd most in form striker. We wont keep him on though & i dont see us not getting promoted because we lost Harewood so i see no point in extending. We were doing perfectly fine before he came, our worst period this season actually came when he arrived and got his first games.

Id rather see Ranger/Carroll do a job & get more experience, theyve both shown they can. They just get less chances now.

I don't mind him being here til the end of the season...but it seemed when he first arrived that he wasnt being started because of form but merely because he was a big 'championship name' and forced players likie loven/carroll/rnager out because of this. When he first arrived it was indeed like having 10 men on the pitch. A very mediocre player. I'm glad hes provided a few goals and contributed a lot more now and think he may provide some important goals in the promotion effort however.

We wouldnt hardly score without harewood. Hes scored 4. Nolan maybe, not harewood.

Having said that after recent performances id put him currently as being our 3rd most in form striker. We wont keep him on though & i dont see us not getting promoted because we lost Harewood so i see no point in extending. We were doing perfectly fine before he came, our worst period this season actually came when he arrived and got his first games.

Id rather see Ranger/Carroll do a job & get more experience, theyve both shown they can. They just get less chances now.

Do you honestly think Ranger is ready to start games?

If we needed him to yes, we've already won games with him starting. The only way he'll become even more of an influence is to keep getting games & improving.

Right now itd just be as a sub, but things always change with performances

He won't ever be ready with 15 mins at the end of games and only getting full games for the stiffs. He needs consistency if he is to develop

Dont think we ever look a genuine attacking threat playing 4-5-1, Ranger or not.

Qpr was just a tougher match, we were to negative and missed chances. Ipswich he started & helped change the games when he came on against Plymouth & Doncaster. We'll get wins with him playing. We've more than enough striker options at this point with the 4 of them, especially with Loven getting his chances away from the wing now.

He won't ever be ready with 15 mins at the end of games and only getting full games for the stiffs. He needs consistency if he is to develop

Not at our expense he doesn't. We should loan him out next season.

Not at our expense he doesn't. We should loan him out next season.

sends out the wrong message if we're willing to persist with other loan signings and ship the lad out when he's on the cusp of breaking the first team. I am just of the opinion that intend to see players develop in terms of confidence and effectiveness and you think they have great potential in the first place you persist with them. All depends whether people and Hughton think that as well i suppose

On-loan Toon striker Marlon Harewood meanwhile has impressed Championship rivals Sheffield United, Cardiff and Ipswich.

The Aston Villa forward's temporary deal with Newcastle is due to expire and talks over an extension have still to start with Hughton not expected to try and keep the 30-year-old.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/match_reports/championship/646774/HUGHTON-WARNS-PREDATORS-OFF-CARROLL.html

Worth keeping [/kneejerk].

Seriously though we need as many goalscorers as we can get and at the moment he is looking a goalscorer.

he looked well up for it today, but sometimes he doesnt chase around pointless balls, and then suddenly he looks a poor proposition...

If we can keep him motivated, then ill take him til the end of the season.

Guest Heneage

Seriously though we need as many goalscorers as we can get and at the moment he is looking a goalscorer.

he looked well up for it today, but sometimes he doesnt chase around pointless balls, and then suddenly he looks a poor proposition...

I believe that's known as Viduka syndrome. When you realise your contract is coming to a close, start putting some bloody effort in to secure your future.

I believe that's known as Viduka syndrome. When you realise your contract is coming to a close, start putting some bloody effort in to secure your future.

exactly what i said today at the game...similar if not identical to Yakubu-itis...

I say keep him until the end of the season, he seems to have settled, hes scoring and hes a handful for defences.

To be honest, why not keep him? hes done well and would be a very good squad member at the very least.

Ranger isn't quite ready yet.

Guest guinness_fiend

It is not certain that we would be able to get anyone better if we shipped him out.

Given that many of our players will be playing more matches this season than what they're used to and a few badly timed injuries could ravage our season, I say keep him.  He's shown that he is capable of scoring and would at the very least make a good impact player from the bench.

Guest Brazilianbob

Sign him permanently.  He has scored some important goals and we can always sell him on to another Championship side chasing promotion next season, if we do go up.  He won't cost much as he is at the end of his contract in the summer and whilst many say sign someone better, is there anyone better who is available at a reasonable price?

I wouldn't even extend his contract to the end of next week.

Call me stubborn but I just don't like him. It's a waste of putting a player out there (especially when we've already got Nolan scoring and not playing) and we'd be much more suited to playing Shola with Ranger/Carroll/Lovenkrands or Nolan.