Would you extend Harewood's loan until the end of the season?

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wouldn't even extend his contract to the end of next week.

Call me stubborn but I just don't like him. It's a waste of putting a player out there (especially when we've already got Nolan scoring and not playing) and we'd be much more suited to playing Shola with Ranger/Carroll/Lovenkrands or Nolan.

Because Shola's got a great record with injuries hasn't he? No doubt we could move Harewood on to some other club in this division because we KNOW Ameobi will stay fit for the rest of the season.

Guest johnson293

Gone or not?

His (Harewood's) loan expires immediately after the Sheff Wed game.

For what its worth, I'd extend it till the summer if we can.

He's scored some important goals, seems to be getting better than when he arrived (maybe due to lack of match fitness), and who knows when the next injury(s) might strike.

Its ok saying we have Ameobi, Carroll, Ranger & Loven, but Carrolls future could become uncertain (after his exploits in town) and Ameobi could break down again, and then we left with 2 strikers and little back-up. I'd rather keep Nolan in the position he's played all season, than start using him as a striker.

So aye, keep him till the summer and then take a view and see if he's worth signing permanently for next season.

Guest johnson293

He was brought in as Shola had a long term injury, Shola is now back so send Harewood back

For how long though?

Shola finished yesterday with an ice pack on his ankle - lets hope that was just precautionary.

He was brought in as Shola had a long term injury, Shola is now back so send Harewood back

For how long though?

Shola finished yesterday with an ice pack on his ankle - lets hope that was just precautionary.

Aye very true I suppose

Keep Simpson and Harewood and try and get a creative midfielder or winger in as the third loanee. Might change depending if the FCB sells any players in January like as we're still thin on the ground at the back although Kadar has looked promising im led to believe.

No..id much rather go get people of the likes of benjani, David Healey or Kevin philips for 6 months proven goalscorers in this league and could add the finishing touch to promotion season

On current form Marlon is a proven goalscorer in the CCC.

Benjani - Is he fit? How much game time has he had of late for the Man City 2nd XI.

Healey - No way should we give the scum any money in loan fees or help them out by paying his wages.

KP - This cunt fucking hated us & I would hate seeing him in our colours.

Keep Simpson and Harewood and try and get a creative midfielder or winger in as the third loanee. Might change depending if the FCB sells any players in January like as we're still thin on the ground at the back although Kadar has looked promising im led to believe.

The Simpson loan is an issue, Man ure are NOT going to just hand him over to us, he is out of contract at the end of the season, they will want us to buy now so they can atleast get a small fee for him.

The problem with saying we need him because Ranger can't score is that whenever Ranger comes on we've usually given up attacking.  Reverse the roles and Ranger would probably be scoring the tap ins Harewood is, when the team is going hell for leather for a goal, and also probably contribute at lot more other than tap ins i.e. holding the ball up and bringing others into play.

Harewood seemed to be a replacement for Shola so I'm not bothered if we let him go.  If Shola gets another long term injury we can just make an emergency loan.  We were winning without Shola and Harewood in the past, don't see why we can't do it again.  Also, I don't see the point in playing Harewood over Ranger and Carroll when he won't be here next season and Ranger and Carroll will probably be our strikeforce considering Ashley's lack of investment.  We should be giving our youngsters experience whenever we can.

The Simpson loan is an issue, Man ure are NOT going to just hand him over to us, he is out of contract at the end of the season, they will want us to buy now so they can atleast get a small fee for him.

As was mentioned in the commentary yesterday, if Simpson went back to Man U at moment he'd be in the first XI

The problem with saying we need him because Ranger can't score is that whenever Ranger comes on we've usually given up attacking.  Reverse the roles and Ranger would probably be scoring the tap ins Harewood is, when the team is going hell for leather for a goal, and also probably contribute at lot more other than tap ins i.e. holding the ball up and bringing others into play.

Harewood seemed to be a replacement for Shola so I'm not bothered if we let him go.  If Shola gets another long term injury we can just make an emergency loan.  We were winning without Shola and Harewood in the past, don't see why we can't do it again.  Also, I don't see the point in playing Harewood over Ranger and Carroll when he won't be here next season and Ranger and Carroll will probably be our strikeforce considering Ashley's lack of investment.  We should be giving our youngsters experience whenever we can.

Spot on like, if keeping him hinders Rangers progress then bye bye Marlon.

As was mentioned in the commentary yesterday, if Simpson went back to Man U at moment he'd be in the first XI

They have a few RB options but I don't understand why they have not recalled him, I cannot see them just saying go on then loan him for the rest ofd the season. Its going to be interestignt o see what happens with Simpson.

But if dumping Marlon helps Ranger progress & NUFC fail to win games there is no point.

There has not been any sign that it would be that way though, Ranger has not cost us games but helped us win some.

I think Marlon has contributed a lot more than Ranger this season, Nile needs to score a few more in cameos & like Houghton I would not risk playing Nile from the start.

But if dumping Marlon helps Ranger progress & NUFC fail to win games there is no point.

thats my thinking, i am all for giving young players a chance but we need out of this league this season and its not the time to be starting with young inexperienced players if we are winning games and scoring plenty goals. Houghton clearly rates Ranger and seems to give him as much sub time as he can.

Guest icemanblue

Not bad at all.

Does he still celebrate like a 13 year old scoring in front of his dad? Its hard not to like the bloke.

:lol:

He does! I even said, near enough, the same thing to my brother on Sunday. It's as if he's shocked he's actually scored.

I voted 'no' but I'm indifferent. It won't stop Ranger's progress at all because whilst Marlon has been here, Ranger has had plenty of sub appearances, and I don't think he's fully ready to be starting that often just yet.

Not bad at all.

Does he still celebrate like a 13 year old scoring in front of his dad? Its hard not to like the bloke.

:lol:

He does! I even said, near enough, the same thing to my brother on Sunday. It's as if he's shocked he's actually scored.

That's exactly it

The first time he scored for us, he kind of ran in a circle, looking at the floor and pumping his fists, just like you said - OMG I've scored, what now??