Would you extend Harewood's loan until the end of the season?

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

With Carroll, Shola and Ranger, do we really need another centre forward? I don't think so.

With Shola out for a long spell, I reckon he was brought in to bridge a gap. Let him go now, he's nowt special.

You forgot about Lovenkrands.

It amazes me how for the sake of 25k a week people would prefer to weaken the squad and put at risk the millions we'll get for promotion.

'for the sake of 25k a week' :lol: - it's not pocket change.

It amazes me how for the sake of 25k a week people would prefer to weaken the squad and put at risk the millions we'll get for promotion.

Did you miss the second part of that sentence? What's promotion worth?

I would, without a doubt.

However I would still prefer to play Ranger and Caroll ahead of Harewood as I think Ranger/Caroll are ours, have potential, need game practise/experience, and are good enough to get us promoted.

I think it is harder than what other think about getting meaningful loans. Harewood despite not being prolific does contribute some goals. It would be madness to give up a loan option that has proven to work.

Guest WashyGeordie

I would, even if it was for 3 months I would tbh.

Despite his lack of fitness at first, he's been good at this level, and is surely an experienced figure to have.. Wey, for the CCC.

Yes we must keep him, purely because Carroll and Ranger are not going to get us the goals we need alone and Ameobi is too injury prone.

If we go up then Harewood can jog on back to Villa and we can look for a better striker to keep us up.  A loan deal til end of season is good for everyone.

That 25k can be better spent IMO. Remember we're still at Mike Ashley's Penny Pinchers United.

That 25k can be better spent IMO. Remember we're still at Mike Ashley's Penny Pinchers United.

Better spent? What happens if Nolan and Shola are injured or away during the same period?

It would make your argument more valid if you could come up with a name or two. There's been a suggestion of Benjani and Philips so far neither of whom I'd want ahead of Marlon. Did you have anyone else in mind?

I was thinking about this yesterday.  People would have been pretty pleased at the start of the season , I think, to have seen us go for the likes of Bent, Kitson or Lita.  They looked much worsre than Harewood though.  There is a real case for keeping him on, especially as he is coming into some kind of form.

I was thinking about this yesterday.  People would have been pretty pleased at the start of the season , I think, to have seen us go for the likes of Bent, Kitson or Lita.  They looked much worsre than Harewood though.  There is a real case for keeping him on, especially as he is coming into some kind of form

Kitson - He has been awful at Stoke & he is a ginger so I doubt anybody would of been happy with him joining us on loan.

Lita - Has done nowt for a long time that is why Reading loaned him out & did not renew his contract, so I dont think people would of been happy.

Bent - If that's Darren aye O0

I was thinking about this yesterday.  People would have been pretty pleased at the start of the season , I think, to have seen us go for the likes of Bent, Kitson or Lita.  They looked much worsre than Harewood though.  There is a real case for keeping him on, especially as he is coming into some kind of form

Kitson - He has been awful at Stoke & he is a ginger so I doubt anybody would of been happy with him joining us on loan.

Lita - Has done nowt for a long time that is why Reading loaned him out & did not renew his contract, so I dont think people would of been happy.

That's why I say at the start of the season.  People, me included, were desperate for signings due to the threadbare nature of our squad.  We got Harewood - he's no world beater, but he's better than what the smoggies have ended up with in a comparable market.  I think we should extend the loan on the basis that he's pretty much the best we could hope for at present.

That's why I say at the start of the season.  People, me included, were desperate for signings due to the threadbare nature of our squad.  We got Harewood - he's no world beater, but he's better than what the smoggies have ended up with in a comparable market.  I think we should extend the loan on the basis that he's pretty much the best we could hope for at present.

A sensible summing up that. Most of us realise Harewood's not premier quality...we get it. But he knows where the goal is, he's strong, quick and a handful for defenders. Nile Ranger's a better footballer but Marlon is an experienced pro who knows what it's about and can deliver NOW. If we don't want him on loan, I'm sure some other club will gladly take him on instead.

Still tough for me, think ive changed my mind

I actually like the guy now, just still depends on whether you think Ranger could step up in his place.

I do think Ranger could improve with more game time, but not enough to be a decent prem standard striker in half a season now.

So may aswell keep around the guy whos actually getting goals now, keep him on. Let Ranger continue gettin on as a sub and learning gradually.

I cant understand whats the hype about Ranger about, yes hes a promising lad, yes he has loads of talent and is a very talented CF who can hold the ball well, but hes not better than Harewood overall, how can anyone compare him with a accomplished striker is beyond me. Im happy for Ranger to come off the bench for the last 15-20 minutes and thats it really, or start in case of injuries or cup games.

Harewood got loads of stick for his terrible game at Forest but all players have their offdays, definitely extend his loan until the end of the season, injuries throughout the season will occur where Ranger will have his chance. And I think we should send Ranger out on a season long loan next season if we get to the prem to a decent championship side so he can get proper game time.

Ahh another "Harewood is better than Ranger because he can tap the ball in net" argument.

How many of Harewood's goals have actually required any effort? Most have been 6 yards out infront of goal. We could all score from there man.

Guest icemanblue

Ahh another "Harewood is better than Ranger because he can tap the ball in net" argument.

How many of Harewood's goals have actually required any effort? Most have been 6 yards out infront of goal. We could all score from there man.

Got to be there to score them.

Ranger and Carroll don't seem to.

Ranger and Carroll don't seem to.

Ranger aye but ScudCarroll has scored a few goals tbf.