Man City sack Mark Hughes; Roberto Mancini is the replacement

Thespence

Odds on Mancini being named manager slashed. Apparently he's at match.

Next Manchester City Manager Betting Odds make Guus Hiddink the favourite to replace Mark Hughes who is under mounting pressure after his expensive side were thrashed 3-0 by Spurs on Wednesday night. Guus Hiddink isn’t the only massive name being linked with the Eastland hot seat, Roberto Mancini and Jose Mourinho are also prominent in the betting.

Mark Hughes One Of The Favourite For The Chop And Hiddink Could Take His Job

With Mark Hughes teetering on the brink of the sack (6/1 with SkyBet to be next manager to leave his job) it is now time to back his replacement. The current favourite in the Next Man City Manager Betting Odds is former Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink, who is 5/2 with SkyBet. His availability has always been in question but now that Russia have failed to qualify for the World Cup he could be allowed to return to club management.

Mancini And Mourinho Are Unsurprisingly Amongst The Favourites To Replace Hughes

No Next Manager betting market would be complete without the likes of Roberto Mancini and Jose Mourinho who are linked with every top job, Mancini is second favourite at 9/2 with SkyBet whilst former favourite Jose Mourinho is now 11/2 with SkyBet. Rather worryingly, the shortest price English manager is Harry Redknapp at a whopping 33/1 with SkyBet. Other British managers in the frame include Martin O’Neill at 20/1 with SkyBet and David Moyes who is 33/1 with SkyBet. To find out the odds on Frank Rijkaard, Jurgen Klinsmann or many other big names visit the SkyBet website.

http://www.online-betting-guide.co.uk/news/18226676/Next+Man+City+Manager+Betting+Odds+Have+Guus+Hiddink+And+Roberto+Mancini+Ahead+Of+Jose+Mourinho.html

Guest Geordiecunny

Can someone explain to me what a DOF does that a manager can't? It only ever seems to rock the boat when one is appointed.

Can someone explain to me what a DOF does that a manager can't? It only ever seems to rock the boat when one is appointed.

I'm amazed clubs are still daft enough to try it in this country. Regardless of its use abroad, generally it just fucks things up here for whatever reason.

Presumably knackers like Mike Ashley think they know better.

Guest Stephen927

The idea of a Director of Football is to have a certain style of player and set-up at a club over a period of time no matter who is the manager.

Guest Geordiecunny

I'm amazed clubs are still daft enough to try it in this country. Regardless of its use abroad, generally it just fucks things up here for whatever reason.

Presumably knackers like Mike Ashley think they know better.

They seem to do it when they want their manager to leave but don't have the balls to sack them and want to save on paying them off. Forcing them into resigning might seem a good idea, but it just leaves the club in limbo with no one sure who's in charge and no one is ever entirely convinced when the manager says he calls the shots.

Guest Geordiecunny

Hughes looks like he's just been beaten 4-0, despite their thrilling win. He's gone imo.

Starting to agree with you looking at those pictures.

Why would he stay for this game knowing he's off? If he is off, he doesn't know it yet imo.

Hughes looks like he's just been beaten 4-0, despite their thrilling win. He's gone imo.

Starting to agree with you looking at those pictures.

I bet what you said about the defending is right. They'll know that a club with top-4 aspirations simply can't leak goals they way that they do.

Guest Stephen927

He should have been replaced in the summer. Their players never look arsed when they lose. Get him in here btw. :shifty:

Because they're all overpaid mercenary wankers who went there for the money.

Something we all know too well unfortunately.