Craig Bellamy

James

Shearer got 19 goals that year.

Most of which were in the UEFA Cup tbf...

7 in 26 starts in the league with 19 in 40 starts overall. Quite sexy for someone with no legs imo.

4 goals from open play in an entire league season is sexy for someone the whole team rallied around?

The defence was crap but so was Shearer by then.

"Quite sexy". 7 in 26 is just under 1 in 4 which is alright all things considered. Cisse was over 1 in 4 last season by way of comparison.

It's a crap record and you know it. He had the likes of Kluivert, Bellamy and Robert around him, man.

Kluivert started 15 games, Robert 20 and Bellamy 21. Plus Souness.

http://www.nufc.com/html/2004-05app-goals.html

Still love Bellamy. What a player he was for us. It seems Shearer wasn't and isn't the easiest person to deal with, neither was Bellamy. Their indifferences do not surprise me nor do they interest me.

Blaming the defence etc. in that semi-final however is ridiculous. We were outplayed by a far superior team during a season in which pretty much every team outplayed us. A typical Souness performance.

He quite clearly did have quality players around him, as you've just helped to demonstrate.

The midfielders with the most appearances were Bowyer and Jenas.

7 in 26 + 19 in 40 overall. Quite sexy. All things considered. Bye.

I'm surprised that two people who had a really close mate in common (Speed) don't get a long better than they do. Not saying they have to be best mates because they both knew Speed but at least be civil to one another.

Just read some more of the extracts from his book - he comes across appallingly.  Sounds like a nasty bit of work.

Which book, dude?

Mirror is serialising his autobiography.  Got the Shearer bit in and stuff about Riise.

Guest Geordiesned

The stuff from Bellamy about LuaLua shows LuaLua to be more of a tosser than Shearer tbh.

By all accounts Bellamy can be a complete kno*bhead off the pitch as well. Not sure if this is urban legend territory, but he supposedly got into a bit of a set to in a hotel in Cardiff, when things started heating up Bellamy's aggression stopped and was telling all and sundry that his mate Joe Calzaghe is coming any minute now and will "fill in" anyone having a go. That's play ground stuff surely?

Cracking player for us, his work rate and energy was massive for us, he's just a complete bellend. The only time I seem to like him now is when he is playing for Wales with me being Welsh and proud and all that.

Guest neesy111

Still maintain that Robert and him together were the best buys I've seen at this club.  Completely transformed a team without much pace to the best counter team in the league almost overnight.

Still maintain that Robert and him together were the best buys I've seen at this club.  Completely transformed a team without much pace to the best counter team in the league almost overnight.

Was amazing to see.

Was amazing to see.

What was more amazing was that neither had been Robson's first choice targets for each position... (Jeffers/Ronaldinho)

Shearer got 19 goals that year.

Most of which were in the UEFA Cup tbf...

Even if you discount the 3 goals against Bnei Sakhin, I don't know you would suggest goals against the likes of Dinamo Tblisi, Heerenveen, Olympiakos and Sporting Lisbon.  Hardly European minnows.

Was amazing to see.

What was more amazing was that neither had been Robson's first choice targets for each position... (Jeffers/Ronaldinho)

Thought we were after that Dutch dude not Ronaldinho....

Guest neesy111

Was amazing to see.

Thought we were after that Dutch dude not Ronaldinho....

Zenden.