Newcastle United 2-0 Middlesbrough - 20/12/09 - post match reaction from page 15

Nate

Good game for Colo today, fair play

Canny consistent now. Definitely keep him. Can't see hi doing anything but getting even more assured.

Its a little unfair on the rest of the teams in the league How good our back 5 are really.

We need to sell in the summer mind, he is beyond terrible in the Premiership.

Hmmm, I maintain he'll be at least 'good'. He's a different player, different man. I think fellow foreigners in the side (especially Enrique) have shown the likes of him and Jonas the meaning of the cause. Think pre season did a lot for him and credit where its due for chosing the 'stay, play and fight' cap in the dressing room.

Thank God for Enrique!

Colo has been excellent for the most part. Struggled a few times aerially against Kitson and Wheater, but that's to be expected unfortunately with the height differences.

On the deck he's been outstanding, can't believe 'Boro haven't had the nouse to attack our other side, where Simpson has looked dodgy.

You think so? I think the entire back four has looked solid tbh.

Probably harsh, but certainly the least convincing of the entire backline. Generally I'd say the right half is a fair bit weaker than the left side. I just don't rate the lad, so probably some negative bias coming into play.

What a fucking tackle that is by Colo.