Newcastle United 2-0 Middlesbrough - 20/12/09 - post match reaction from page 15

Nate

I find it very worrying that Butt still is in this side at a time when we should have gotten rid of dead meats just like him.

He's been excellent since he came on.

Hes been OK, nowhere near excellent

Hasnt put a foot wrong.

Howay Chez, I love Nicky as much as any but a couple of his passes were stinking (particularly the one where Jonas was cutting in on goal).

He was solid though, very solid. 'Boro had all but packed in by the time he came on like.

As for the game on the whole, pretty bland, but another win and another clean sheet. Should have plenty left in the tank for Boxing Day, based on that.

Is that a championship record ?

Yeap, they mentioned on the commentary that it beat Sunderland vs Stoke.

How can he hear anything the interviewer says with those tiny ears?!?!

:lol:

Harper- 6 Nowt to do

Simpson- 6 Fairly strong game

Coloccini- 9 MOTM

Taylor- 7 Dying swan ;)

Enrique- 8 Great bursts down the left

Guthrie- 7.5 Great assist, good work

Smith- 6.5 Ok until he went off

Nolan- 6 Worked hard all game bt went missing without his usual goal (as usual)

Jonas- 7 Great link up with Enrique, bright

Ameobi- 7 Looked cool and confident

Harewood- 6 Did ok and got his goal, keep it up

Butt- 7 A few good tackles, a few bad passes and a couple of brilliant passes.

I find it very worrying that Butt still is in this side at a time when we should have gotten rid of dead meats just like him.

Hasnt put a foot wrong.

Howay Chez, I love Nicky as much as any but a couple of his passes were stinking (particularly the one where Jonas was cutting in on goal).

He was solid though, very solid. 'Boro had all but packed in by the time he came on like.

As for the game on the whole, pretty bland, but another win and another clean sheet. Should have plenty left in the tank for Boxing Day, based on that.

agreed, the bloke is old and makes his fair share of stinkers. but he finished the game strongly and we did look better with him in the middle. he is a bit slicker than Smith and his movement is more intelligent. Smith doesn't really use his brain as much as he should.

Hasnt put a foot wrong.

Rich, that was his only mistake and it wasnt really a mistake, it was a first time volleyed pass which swerved the wrong way for Jonas.

He didnt give the ball away either so which was the other pass?

Hasnt put a foot wrong.

Rich, that was his only mistake and it wasnt really a mistake, it was a first time volleyed pass which swerved the wrong way for Jonas.

Honestly mate he gave it away a good few times, perhaps even half a dozen in the spell he was on. He always does, unfortunately. I'm fairly certain the pass for Jonas was a run-of-the-mill five yard ball from the deck as well like, so maybe my memory is shot/I was seeing things. That's not me being funny, I honestly dunno about the technique of the pass, just that it nearly went out for a throw.

By the same token, he did play a few nice passes and made some very decent tackles/interceptions! "Didn't put a foot wrong" is just a bit strong for me, although I always appreciate a good bit of optimism!

As soon as he came on he did an overhead kick in the middle of the pitch to put it out for no reason.

A few mins afterwards from a corner he crossed it out of play towards the corner flag.

Just have a look back in this thread man, you werent watching if you missed his mistakes. He got better as the game improved yes, boro were already down by that point.

As soon as he came on he did an overhead kick in the middle of the pitch to put it out for no reason.

A few mins afterwards from a corner he crossed it out of play towards the corner flag.

Just have a look back in this thread man, you werent watching if you missed his mistakes. He got better as the game improved yes, boro were already down by that point.

I personally liked the overhead kick. Was the most flair I'd seen by anyone in the entire game. "Majestic" would sum it up.

Anyone remind me why Middlesbrough sacked Southgate  :undecided:

Just had a look on their forum, many of them are blaming him for where they are now  :idiot2:

From the beeb site: From lewisbroad on Twitter: "I bet Middlesbrough only appointed Gordon Strachan to save money on putting new initials on the manager's jacket..."