Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

I really liked young Simpson to start with but after closely watching him the last few weeks i have gone off him completely. I know he's not Enrique but what Jose does so well is get past the winger and add to the attack-even if HE doesn't get the ball. Thats what good full backs do etc. Simpson never does this.

He isn't the best defender in the world either, and i think it would be silly to buy him in January, because if and when we do get promoted i think it is a crucial position for us to get right, and i think we need to start planning more on better players.

We won't get him for free in the summer, his contract runs out yes but he'll be 23 and would go to a tribunal.

With that in mind we should put an offer in now and have him on the books as our own. My only problem is that I doubt he is good enough for our main RB in the prem, Raylor certainly isn't, one will have to go and another RB brought in anyway.

keep him. He's still young so he will get better. Good right back and will do it in the Premierleague as well. Remember we once had Carr or Ramage. He's miles better than those two.

The same Carr that is having a good season for Birmingham in the Premier League? As much as I don't like Carr, on ability alone, I'd take him over Simpson every time.

Yay. Ryan Taylor is poor at right back. Defensively he's a bit of a liability. Simpson has impressed thus far, solid as a rock and decent getting forward, he could develop into a good premier league right back. Depending on how much cah Hughton has availible in January (if any) I'd try and sign him permanently in Jan if Man Utd are willing to let him go cheap. If not try and secure him on loan for the rest of the season in January and wait untill his contract is up. 

Yes, while he's not as good as Jose we need some solid players for our 'squad' both now and when we go up. I'd rather have the option of playing him and trying to get someone better when we get promoted than not sign him up, fail to get anyone when we get promoted and play Ryan Taylor at RB at which he looks nervous every time he plays there.

Guest johnson293

I think we should definitely try and do a permanent deal in January, as long as Manyoo ask a reasonable price.

He's young, and hopefully will improve longterm, and if we keep hold of Enrique, we could a decent, young full back pairing if we go up.

Think he's been alright since he came. Started very well, dropped a bit the last month but still solid. Think we have good competition at this level for the right-back slot with him and Ryan Taylor. In terms of the Premier League though, we need a better quality right-back as first-choice, so for that reason I don't think we should make it permanent. If we can't attract/afford anyone better, then sure, sign him.

Yay.

He's solid, he's got some Premiership experience without being a world beater and he should be relatively cheap too. We need a squad, not just eleven players. If we can get someone better in the summer fair enough but that shouldn't stop us from investing because he'd be a capable back up.

Do we want a repeat of last season when Beye was our only right back?

The crucial factor is that we have other positions which are far bigger priority, such as centrl midfield and right wing. If we can tie up the right back slot with two relatively young, solid players in Taylor and Simpson we can concentrate on more important areas first.