Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

He wasn't nearly as bad as some are making out. He definitely had a hard time of it against Bale early on but did better as the game went on imo. We should be looking for a replacement as he is the weakest player in our first XI, but until we do he's certainly capable of playing the position.

Wasn't terrible. Played well in the majority but it was more of the same from him, poor positioning for the goal and weak offensively.

We would get by fine with him there should we need to but if we want to improve then he needs to be replaced.

No doubt I'm in the minority but I thought he was OK and helped us win the game.

I agree. Not deserving of the disproportionate amount of criticism he receives. Bale was pretty ineffective all day.

We start to win football games and challenge the top teams and all of sudden Simpson is expected to be Ashley Cole going forward.

Guest optimistic nit

i'd love an explanation for how Ba was given so much space by Kyle Walker (i think) when he scored. had time to control the ball, let it bounce a couple of times and pass it into the corner without a spurs player getting withing 10 feet of him, and that was in the box.

Thought he had a fairly decent game.

He did. But he did back off Lennon for their goal, and you could clearly see Krul in the aftermath yelling "Tighter tighter!" in his direction. Why he won't learn this is beyond belief. Does he not watch replays of his performances?

i get a bit p*ssed off when someone makes a scapegoat of a player when we even won, why bother?

Scapegoat, nah just pointing out he's not very good.

But hei ho, all is good because we won today.

he is good. he has a bit to learn but hes still good.

i'd love an explanation for how Ba was given so much space by Kyle Walker (i think) when he scored. had time to control the ball, let it bounce a couple of times and pass it into the corner without a spurs player getting withing 10 feet of him, and that was in the box.

This hits the nail on the head, we score a goal 'great goal xxxxxx' we concede and blame the closest unpopular player.

Lots of goals are scored during a season, not because the league is full of shit players but because players in attack while get the the better of players in defence a number of times each game. I bet a hell of a lot of goals are created from the wings so one of two players is 'to blame'.

Not saying Simpson is perfect or even one of the better players in the league but he is in the position with a few where he will always get the blame whether he could have done better or the more popular player was at fault.

It does get a little tedious, we all have our favourites but when you watch a game and think 'well at least so and so won't get stick tonight, had a good game' then you come on and see a few are slating that player just out of habit  :huff:

i get a bit p*ssed off when someone makes a scapegoat of a player when we even won, why bother?

Because he's watching isn't he? We must say nice things mustn't we?

Been supping mercury have you ?

Personally i thought he was poor today, nothing to do with scapegoating out of habit just something i noticed he was lucky not to get a second yellow on at least 3 or 4 occasions.

As it happens i didn't think Santon was very good defensively either.

Because we won the game don't mean i should perfectly act like their performances were good when they wasn't.

Perch and Taylor were very good but Santon and Simpson? nope, not for me.

But at the end of the day we won so it doesn't matter a great deal.

Because he's watching isn't he? We must say nice things mustn't we?

Been supping mercury have you ?

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

In his defense, his buttock was clearly bothering him since the first half. 

Big puff, used to get them everyday at school, nought like a dead arse.

Guest firetotheworks

f***ing liability again.

Hasn't a clue where he should be on the pitch, their equaliser (although offside) was down to him being miles out of position.

Get rid and play Harper there if we don't sign anyone, he would do a better job.

He's still our weak link, but you're talking a load of hyped up shite there like.

Guest bimpy474

In his defense, his buttock was clearly bothering him since the first half. 

Big puff, used to get them everyday at school, nought like a dead arse.

Was the money good?

Paid for many things.