Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

keep him. He's still young so he will get better. Good right back and will do it in the Premierleague as well. Remember we once had Carr or Ramage. He's miles better than those two.

The same Carr that is having a good season for Birmingham in the Premier League? As much as I don't like Carr, on ability alone, I'd take him over Simpson every time.

I only remember him as an injury prone, overweight and slow defender who couldn't win a header against any striker. Don't know how he's playing at the moment though.

Yay, I'm still hoping long term Steven Taylor will fill that position and we'll get in another centre back to replace him, but Simpson would be good as back up.

Coloccini started right-back for Argentina against Spain in their last match and had a good game by all accounts, so there's another option.

Sign him asap, keep a settled back four for the rest of the season and have them accustomed to playing together as a unit if we get promoted.

He' s young and full of promise, tries hard and gets forward, he needs to work on attacking a bit but can't fault his effort.

i'd sign him up as ryan taylor is pants at right back and definitely not a premiership player. Simpson is not great but he is solid defensively and looks like he has the potential to improve over time. definitely needs to improve going forward though, seems too timid at the moment.

What i like about him is that he doesn't really have any flaws, he's a natural in his position, quick, strong, decent on the ball and likes to get forward (although is restricted in our current set up).

I'd try and sign him on a very cheap or a loan until the end off the season (by which time we could get him on a free anyway).

The fact that he has played as part of a settled back four all season is reason enough to sign him up. I don't think he is going to be a great player but stability is what we need and if he can improve then you never know. I would hope we can start the premiership season with this back four and not be too worried about it.

Sign him asap, keep a settled back four for the rest of the season and have them accustomed to playing together as a unit if we get promoted.

He' s young and full of promise, tries hard and gets forward, he needs to work on attacking a bit but can't fault his effort.

Agree with all of that except the full of promise bit.  If he was that good Manu would have him on a longer contract without doubt and would definately be trying to keep him given the mess they are in at the back.  Still say we go for him but not expecting him to progress to the standard Enrique.

22 and he looks a "poorish" player in the league above (at Blackburn) but he can deffs improve...we wont get better for less than £5mil, so lets get him on the cheap and spend the cash elsewhere...he is about the quality we need to aim for next season atleast.

A lot is being made of this lad's lack of attacking input (and understandable comparisons being made with Jose).  I don't think we can judge him in this sense until he has consistently been given the chance to strike up an understanding with a genuine winger.  Jose has a real rapport with Jonas, whilst Simpson has been playing with a real hotch potch of sqare pegs in round holes from day one.  I was impressed with him at the start of the season.  My main worry of late though is that he has been getting caught out of position more often.  I think he's worth a punt - but only time will tell whether he's good enough for the prem.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He's been solid this season and would do a good job in the Premier League- Sign him up. He's still young and can improve, and is a solid all round player.

A lot is being made of this lad's lack of attacking input (and understandable comparisons being made with Jose).  I don't think we can judge him in this sense until he has consistently been given the chance to strike up an understanding with a genuine winger.  Jose has a real rapport with Jonas, whilst Simpson has been playing with a real hotch potch of sqare pegs in round holes from day one.  I was impressed with him at the start of the season.  My main worry of late though is that he has been getting caught out of position more often.  I think he's worth a punt - but only time will tell whether he's good enough for the prem.

He's young quick and a solid enough defender, that to me makes him good enough to be a premier right back right now. Fairly limited going forwards it's true, but not every team has an Ashley Cole at full back. He'll do a job until we can find someone better.

Sign him now for about £250k. But if we go up I'd like us to get a better RB and use Simpson as back-up though. He's decent enough at this level but I think he'd struggle against better wingers who would have a right go at him for 90 mins. 

Sign him now for about £250k. But if we go up I'd like us to get a better RB and use Simpson as back-up though. He's decent enough at this level but I think he'd struggle against better wingers who would have a right go at him for 90 mins. 

Do you think your argument might hold more water if you upgraded the fee slightly? I know he's out of contract in the summer but this isn't 1970.

Do you think your argument might hold more water if you upgraded the fee slightly? I know he's out of contract in the summer but this isn't 1970.

He's out of contract in June and he's basically been sent out on loan to put him in the shop window. Man U clearly don't want him and will take whatever they are offered. Why steam in with a million quid if just a fraction of that will get him?  ???