Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

He told our man in the field (D28) that he's staying. :shifty:

With Debuchy seemingly coming in...he may be willing to stay and fight for his place :dontknow:

If he's willing to be a squad member (doubt it) I'm one of the few who would be fine with that :lol:

If he's staying (which I doubt that he was being 100% honest anyway), then it's probably because Debuchy isn't likely to come.

Tbf to the lad he's better than sitting on the bench for us. He would start for about half the teams in this league. He's a pretty good defender.

He isn't. He's a horrific defender and shouldn't be playing for us.

Worked out really badly for us last season with him in the side.

Tbf to the lad he's better than sitting on the bench for us. He would start for about half the teams in this league. He's a pretty good defender.

He isn't. He's a horrific defender and shouldn't be playing for us.

Worked out really badly for us last season with him in the side.

Howay man, we could have won the World Cup.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Can't blame Reading for choosing Gunter instead. Looks like their chief scout has finally sobered up.

Simpson is one of very few players I can´t stand in our team. I would hate it, just hate it if he was a starter this season :fuuu: I mean. The sequence in the last 10 minutes in the last game sums him up preatty much  :suicide:

How anyone could live with a player with that kind of quality, when competing for top 6 and when pretty much every other position in our team is of high quality, is beond my.

Sort it out pards. Buy Debuchy NOW!

He told our man in the field (D28) that he's staying. :shifty:

With Debuchy seemingly coming in...he may be willing to stay and fight for his place :dontknow:

If he's willing to be a squad member (doubt it) I'm one of the few who would be fine with that :lol:

If he's staying (which I doubt that he was being 100% honest anyway), then it's probably because Debuchy isn't likely to come.

Of course he wasn't totally honest about it. Already said it yesterday. He was smiling and saying "in football everything is possible".

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tyson

Tavanier: the lad who interests me. Bloody good athlete, and a good user of the ball by all acoounts, and he's still maturing physically. Alot of upside there. He has served his time on loan, and now has a taste for senior football. It's time to allow him to kick-on now & develop. Simpson's lingering presence only serves as a negative in his development.

Perch: he's the best defensive option at RB atm, provided that Santon remains anchored at the LB position. Even if it's a cynical body-check, or bump, Perchs' opposite number at least knows they're in for a battle. He closes down space & applies pressure, & restricts a winger's time & space on the ball (and the ability to calculate type-of-cross, inside ball etc). Perch isn't top drawer, but at least the application & defensive accountability is there to see. Unlike Simpson he has some composure & technique on the ball, and is prepared to play the ball out-from-the-back.

IMHO Simpson is third choice, at best, with Perch at no.1 & Tavanier as the development project at no.2.

It's debatable that even R.Taylor is a shout for no.3, as the team's utility FB.

Given that Simpson is only attracting pay-packet of 5k a week at present, i'd be inclined to release him & pay-out his contract - that's if a outgoing deal doesn't eventuate over the remainder of the month. The board has released a high earner out of spite (ie. Barton), so i don't have a problem with a releasing a low-earner (with the ability of a fringe player, at best), who has just a yr left to run on his contract, whose has level of performance & progress has plateaued. As a free agent he'll pick up a nice little earner elswhere, where he'll be a guaranteed 1st teamer at a low-table club.

• 2 weeks later...

Was on TalkSport this morning... Never the brightest bulb but seems quite professional... Let's hope he's learnt to show Bale & Lennon on to their weaker feet rather than their stronger as he has done in the past...