Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Was on TalkSport this morning... Never the brightest bulb but seems quite professional... Let's hope he's learnt to show Bale & Lennon on to their weaker feet rather than their stronger as he has done in the past...

Surprised they could hear him after he had backed off the phone

Can we not rip Simpson apart too enthusiastically if he starts tomorrow? I know he's basically crap, but let's get behind him as much as we can.

Problem is Bale is going to get in behind him as well.

Simpsons biggest problem is his backing off, just confront the fucker. He is our biggest liability in my view

Can we not rip Simpson apart too enthusiastically if he starts tomorrow? I know he's basically crap, but let's get behind him as much as we can.

Problem is Bale is going to get in behind him as well.

Bale v Simpson :scared:

Pardew talking him up in the Ronny today. Good man management.

Yeah, good words, and ones that should even avoid upsetting the A.S.S*.

His manager Alan Pardew told the Chronicle: “He has a good attitude. Things were not great for him.

“He only has one year left and the contract we offered him he did not think it was right.

“We have not had a bid which has been right for him, so he has stayed here.

“He has to earn a contract with us – or with another Premier League club which he will get.

“So we will have to wait and see.

“His attitude, though, has been first-class.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/08/17/danny-simpson-could-be-thrown-newcastle-lifeline-72703-31640887/?#ixzz23nKaRaZ4

* Anti Simpson Society

I'm not worried at all about Bale v Simpson tbh

The same bale that got absolutly nothing out of simpson after half an hour and switched flanks. Then he controlled lennon fairly well till the last fucking few minutes. Dopey cunt.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Pardew talking him up in the Ronny today. Good man management.

“We have not had a bid which has been right for him, so he has stayed here.

Interesting. Appears someone was foolish enough to offer money for him, just not what we were after. I wonder how much we're holding out for?

I think his defensive frailties are sometimes overstated, i think hes limited but hard working, the problem is how little he offers going forward, ben arfa deserves a partner on wing who can pass it back and forth with him, Simpson just hoofs it vaguely towards the box whenever he gets the ball in an advanced position

I think his defensive frailties are sometimes overstated, i think hes limited but hard working, the problem is how little he offers going forward, ben arfa deserves a partner on wing who can pass it back and forth with him, Simpson just hoofs it vaguely towards the box whenever he gets the ball in an advanced position

I'd agree with that. You can see how reluctant Ben Arfa is to pass to him. :lol:

The problem with Simpson is and the same goes for Williamson that if you want to be a attacking passing game he's nigh on useless.

He's a decent defender who will do a job for you defensively but to cover for the fact going forward and in possession he offers nothing the whole team has to be reigned back a play a bit more defensively as a team.

Which is why we saw the type of football we saw on occasion last season, the likes of Williamson and Simpson cannot play the type of football we all want to see.

They are stoppers basically.

A problem with his lack of attacking ability or awareness, however, is that it means he often finds himself defending because of it. It's like being hit by the same bus twice. Poor attacking and loses it, then has to defend after losing it which he ain't great at. He has Barfa covering which he isn't the best for even if he has improved, which means it pulls either the CB or Tiote over and there's a gap in the middle.

I admire his hard work, but he makes problems for himself which he struggles to correct. If he hasn't improved on this and he starts as first choice RB I'll be canny frustrated.

Guest bimpy474

I also think that Simpsons biggest problems is the offensive, not the defensive.

His main defensive weakness is that he has zero recovery when he is beaten.

Guest Stephen927

Much prefer to go into the season with Debuchy as right back and Simpson as back-up/rotation .. but rightly I don't think he'd be happy with that.

I also think that Simpsons biggest problems is the offensive, not the defensive.

His main defensive weakness is that he has zero recovery when he is beaten.

The other thing I don't quite like about what I saw from him last season is that when he's left for dead because of an error, he seems to prefer letting the others pick up the pieces for him rather than making the effort to atone for his mistakes. What's worse is that he seems try to wash his hands clean and argue at times even when it was his fault in the first place.

He's painfully limited in attack, prob the only thing he is good at in the attacking sense is dribbling the ball into the corner and forcing a corner by either getting it tackled out of play or cross deflecting or hitting off someone for a corner.  His crossing is woeful, and for every 10 crosses, he hits maybe 1 or 2 decent ones. 

On a defensive side he backs off, is sometimes out of position and seems to trail everything.  Positives though are that he's actually quite good at breaking up play at times, and he's got some decent pace on him so stride-for-stride he's done well in getting the ball out of play to let us recover.  He isn't bad at heading the ball out at times, his positioning in the box and reaction time for saving certain goals off the line were some brilliant stuff, although maybe lucky too.  I fear he gets run ragged versus top tricky wingers and for every good match vs Bale/Lennon at home there are times where a top wide player will destroy him.

Regardless, we are linked to better players than Danny, and I'd hope we could upgrade on him.  I'm thankful for the great things he's done for us since he has been wearing our shirt, but there are better out there that are affordable that I'd like for us to sign that would improve our attacking and defending as a whole.

For some reason I feel much more at ease with James Perch playing RB now that I think of it.  Perhaps its Perch's attitude on the pitch, he's a far better tackler, passer, and his reading of the game towards end of last season was quite good.