Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

I think his defensive frailties are sometimes overstated, i think hes limited but hard working, the problem is how little he offers going forward, ben arfa deserves a partner on wing who can pass it back and forth with him, Simpson just hoofs it vaguely towards the box whenever he gets the ball in an advanced position

I'd agree with that. You can see how reluctant Ben Arfa is to pass to him. :lol:

Just one more person to nutmeg, tbh.

All well and good everyone sticks up for him beginning of the season, but we all know this thread will implode again when he backs off to the post on another free-kick and watches the ball go sailing over him.

I don't rate him, I think he's the weakest link in our defence -- ever since Raylor was replaced in the first team -- but that doesn't mean I HATE his guts in the same way Android users hate everything to do with the iPhone. I'm not there yet.

Fucking liability again.

Hasn't a clue where he should be on the pitch, their equaliser (although offside) was down to him being miles out of position.

Get rid and play Harper there if we don't sign anyone, he would do a better job.

Fucking liability again.

Hasn't a clue where he should be on the pitch, their equaliser (although offside) was down to him being miles out of position.

Get rid and play Harper there if we don't sign anyone, he would do a better job.

What garbage.

Other than Santon getting forward better than Simmo, defensively they were on par today. I'm not Simmo's biggest fan (he is) but I think he gets too harshly treated at times. Weakest position in our strongest team IMO.

Someone else said in the match thread - at times it looks like he wishes he wasn't out there.

It's why he spends more time appealing for decisions, than playing the game. Nice left-footed cross though. Really not happy with him at RB. :huff:

He actually played very well in parts, and if you didn't watch him every week, you'd probably think he was good.

The issue is, when you do watch him every week, you just know he's a liability at some point in every game. So much came down his side today it was embarrassing.

Granted, he'll not play a Bale every week but he's out stand out weakness and we've got to shuffle him out sooner rather than later.

f***ing liability again.

What garbage.

Educate me as to where i am wrong excluding the sarcastic part.

In fact watch the goal again and tell me where he was in the lead up?

Think people are just frustrated that he's still the best RB we have.

He's by far and away the weakest link in our best eleven, it'll be very annoying if we don't replace him before the window closes.

Was a standard Simpson performance today. Didn't do anything particularly awful, but he's just not good enough IMO.

f***ing liability again.

What garbage.

total garbage

f***ing liability again.

What garbage.

total garbage

Troll? Fuck off under your bridge or answer my question.

Guest optimistic nit

Think people are just frustrated that he's still the best RB we have.

He's by far and away the weakest link in our best eleven, it'll be very annoying if we don't replace him before the window closes.

Was a standard Simpson performance today. Didn't do anything particularly awful, but he's just not good enough IMO.

if that is the worst thing we can say about the weakest player in our first XI, then we are fucking lucky. its the first time since i've been a fan that the worst player in our team is still good at his job, if not spectacular. Thats why I like Simpson.

Nice to have a lot of balanced comments, seems with a few there HAS to be one player to slate and with a team full of likeable characters Simpson being quite the confident chap he gets the stick.

Guest Howaythetoon

No doubt I'm in the minority but I thought he was OK and helped us win the game.

Agreed, slightly. This was a typical average Simposn type performance. Extremely iffy on the ball mind, especially bringing it out.