Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest neesy111

No doubt I'm in the minority but I thought he was OK and helped us win the game.

Ignoring why he was at the penalty spot than trying to the mark the right winger for the spurs goal.

You honestly have an interest in him, or your fucking deluded.

Guest neesy111

i'd love an explanation for how Ba was given so much space by Kyle Walker (i think) when he scored. had time to control the ball, let it bounce a couple of times and pass it into the corner without a spurs player getting withing 10 feet of him, and that was in the box.

This hits the nail on the head, we score a goal 'great goal xxxxxx' we concede and blame the closest unpopular player.

Lots of goals are scored during a season, not because the league is full of shit players but because players in attack while get the the better of players in defence a number of times each game. I bet a hell of a lot of goals are created from the wings so one of two players is 'to blame'.

Not saying Simpson is perfect or even one of the better players in the league but he is in the position with a few where he will always get the blame whether he could have done better or the more popular player was at fault.

It does get a little tedious, we all have our favourites but when you watch a game and think 'well at least so and so won't get stick tonight, had a good game' then you come on and see a few are slating that player just out of habit  :huff:

The next time you play RB, try leaving your RW in 30 yards of space and that is what Simpson did today, fucking laughable.

Perch anyday for me.

How one good season changes everything. 2 years ago I think we were having "you're better than perch" chants for Simpson.

The thing is perch actually made a proper effort to learn from those past errors to fight his way to become one of our most well-liked players, as well as being a vital player when we are short in defense or midfield. Simpson though seemed to rest on the fact tht he still holds the "first team right back" title, and has not really shown anything eye-catching since those days. He really is just still the same player since the championship days, and with our standards these days simply cannot afford a Player Of his level starting week in week out.

With that, I think the best way to hope for improvements is to sink him down the pecking order and put him in the spot where perch was in once, but sadly he doesn't seem to want that.

i'd love an explanation for how Ba was given so much space by Kyle Walker (i think) when he scored. had time to control the ball, let it bounce a couple of times and pass it into the corner without a spurs player getting withing 10 feet of him, and that was in the box.

This hits the nail on the head, we score a goal 'great goal xxxxxx' we concede and blame the closest unpopular player.

Lots of goals are scored during a season, not because the league is full of shit players but because players in attack while get the the better of players in defence a number of times each game. I bet a hell of a lot of goals are created from the wings so one of two players is 'to blame'.

Not saying Simpson is perfect or even one of the better players in the league but he is in the position with a few where he will always get the blame whether he could have done better or the more popular player was at fault.

It does get a little tedious, we all have our favourites but when you watch a game and think 'well at least so and so won't get stick tonight, had a good game' then you come on and see a few are slating that player just out of habit  :huff:

The next time you play RB, try leaving your RW in 30 yards of space and that is what Simpson did today, fucking laughable.

There was a series of mistakes leading up to the goal but as usual it was *ignore* *ignore* FUCK SAKE SIMPSON, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!!!! *ignore* *ignore* *ignore* FUCK SAKE THEY HAVE SCORED, WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU DOING SIMPSON!!!

He did pretty well going forwards, put in some nice crosses actually with both feet. Made a solid last ditch tackle on Defoe & i do think hes generally underated on here.

But honestly his lack of closing down for the goal was appauling, thats the player he should be marking its that simple. He didnt even move.

Compare how him and Santon negotiate the space between themselves & the wingers as they match the run and its very different. Hes scared of players going around him, which gives them far to much space. To be fair, he may just be aware of his own limitations in terms of reflexes to a quick piece of skill or ability to match a player for pace up close. I doubt whether those limitations or his coping technique are good enough for the very top level though.

His instincts are top notch though in terms of reactions to last ditch moments.

Good and not so good from Simpson yesterday. His cross lead to Ba's goal. He can be partially blamed for Spurs' goal by not stopping the cross. Be fair to him though, as Pardew said last season, Simpson has Ben Arfa in front of him. Compare that to Santon having Gutierrez in front of him. Ben Arfa roams about on occasion. If I was a defender I'd feel more secure with Gutierrez in front of me compared to Ben Arfa. Spurs targeted Simpson as they knew he had less protection than Santon.

The thing I dislike most about him is that he always shirks responsibility. Loves to try and pass the buck onto someone else rather than taking the blame for his own deficiencies. I think if he held his hand up and apologised when he made a mistake, as opposed to trying to start an argument with another member of our team, i'd be a lot more forgiving of him.

The thing I dislike most about him is that he always shirks responsibility. Loves to try and pass the buck onto someone else rather than taking the blame for his own deficiencies. I think if he held his hand up and apologised when he made a mistake, as opposed to trying to start an argument with another member of our team, i'd be a lot more forgiving of him.

Probably the only criticism of him I don't think is over the top.

Cajun, I think you're right in that people do have a go at him more than they would others - I'm guilty of the fact. That's only because he offers so little compared to others, I think. Also, the regularity of his mistakes/inactivity are more frequent.

Just yesterday:

- Needless yellow on Bale on 13th minute

- Subsequent infractions which could have easily resulted in a red

- Appealing to the linesman to the point he almost walked off the pitch as play continued and Bale played on

- Acres of space for Lennon for the goal

- Letting Lennon cut inside him to chest down a ball uncontested

- General discomfort on the ball

He put in a good left-footed first half and Kaboul's botched clearance lead to the goal. They are the exceptions to his game rather than the rule, and I was genuinely surprised at the quality of delivery. Not because I'm blinkered, but because generally speaking, his crossing is usually a hallmark of his game which falls into the above list. That's just observation.

He is the weakest link in our chain and, unlike other less talented players in our squad, does not show the right attitude. I still desperately want a replacement - couldn't stand to have some of our great work (partly) undone by him for another season :lol:

http://i46.tinypic.com/9ayaol.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/1212umf.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/426tj.jpg

Nowhere near his man, let someone else run over and do the work then still didn't close him down.

simper pls

Look at that shit :(

Just like last season, they allowed Lennon to cut in from the left. I would have thought our players (not just Simpson) have learned to close him down and force him down the left where he has to cross with his weaker left.

http://i46.tinypic.com/9ayaol.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/1212umf.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/426tj.jpg

Nowhere near his man, let someone else run over and do the work then still didn't close him down.

simper pls

That first pic got me boiling yesterday iirc.

He was piss poor once again. He's a fucking shambolic footballer, and anyone who says otherwise can gan boil their head.

Spot on post from Beren, I'm assuming some of Simpson's rent boys will be able to explain how it's not his fault though.

If we're talking about shit right back performances, Kyle Walker's been culpable for every single goal we've scored against Spurs while he's played for them.

Wouldn't be anywhere near Spurs if he wasn't lightning quick.