Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Simpson had a bad start to the game, Bale got the better of him on too many occasions - could have easily got himself sent off tbh. But, Simpson did improve as the game went on, his crosses yesterday were good by his standards.

Shouldn't really be counting on him to be our first choice RB this season though. Debuchy, s'il vous plait...

First of all, I hate this 'scapegoat' crap. Players get criticised if they aren't good enough. Perch and Best are prime examples of players who performed at a level that was good enough and the criticism stopped. No one expects these players to be world beaters but the expectation that they learn from their mistakes is there. Perch and Best did this and despite having massive limitations, became cult heroes. Simpson hasn't improved in 3 years.

Second of all, he was ok yesterday which is why the fact that he hid for their goal is frustrating. He constantly asks somebody else to do his defensive work and hides with the obvious plan being to keep himself exempt from any blame. It's a disgusting attitude really and not really much of a surprise when you hear some of the quotes he comes out with.

First of all, I hate this 'scapegoat' crap. Players get criticised if they aren't good enough. Perch and Best are prime examples of players who performed at a level that was good enough and the criticism stopped. No one expects these players to be world beaters but the expectation that they learn from their mistakes is there. Perch and Best did this and despite having massive limitations, became cult heroes. Simpson hasn't improved in 3 years.

Second of all, he was ok yesterday which is why the fact that he hid for their goal is frustrating. He constantly asks somebody else to do his defensive work and hides with the obvious plan being to keep himself exempt from any blame. It's a disgusting attitude really and not really much of a surprise when you hear some of the quotes he comes out with.

Simpson gets stick for goals against that others don't. If the ball had come in from the left and Simpson was where Santon was it would still be Simpson at fault.

Simpson gets stick for goals against that others don't. If the ball had come in from the left and Simpson was where Santon was it would still be Simpson at fault.

:thup: If Simpson is anywhere near a goal conceded he is likely to get the blame before the more popular players.

Yeah, but it didn't. :lol:

:thup: If Simpson is anywhere near a goal conceded he is likely to get the blame before the more popular players.

They're more popular because they have more ability, work harder, learn from their mistakes and don't blame everyone else for everything.

They're more popular because they have more ability, work harder, learn from their mistakes and don't blame everyone else for everything.

All might be true but that shouldn't mean their mistakes are ignored and put on the unpopular players.

That goal came from us loosing the ball whilst in attack, Simpson not being in position therefore failing to close down a cross, 5ft 5 Defoe winning a header in our box then being the only person to react after the save with at least two defenders just standing there watching.

That is a number of people at fault but the only comments I saw were 'FFS SIMPSON!' 'YOU'RE FUCKING SHIT SIMPSON' etc..

It's nice to be objective and have a reasonable discussion, not just slate whichever player we all don't like at that moment in time.

Guest icemanblue

It's also nice to be objective and have a reasonable discussion, not just protect whichever player we all don't like at that moment in time.

Guest bimpy474

All might be true but that shouldn't mean their mistakes are ignored and put on the unpopular players.

That goal came from us loosing the ball whilst in attack, Simpson not being in position therefore failing to close down a cross, 5ft 5 Defoe winning a header in our box then being the only person to react after the save with at least two defenders just standing there watching.

That is a number of people at fault but the only comments I saw were 'FFS SIMPSON!' 'YOU'RE FUCKING SHIT SIMPSON' etc..

It's nice to be objective and have a reasonable discussion, not just slate whichever player we all don't like at that moment in time.

Objective i know but if Defoe was a yard back, therefore onside he wouldn't have been able to direct his header on goal.

Just saying ;D

Guest icemanblue

It's also nice to be objective and have a reasonable discussion, not just protect whichever player we all don't like at that moment in time.

Was the goal solely Simpson's fault?

Argh, man. Where did I say that?! It's besides the point, but yes, I believe he was the main culprit.

It's just your thing to defend players who are, rightly, being given a hard time. It's boring as fuck.

Was the goal solely Simpson's fault?

Argh, man. Where did I say that?! It's besides the point, but yes, I believe he was the main culprit.

It's just your thing to defend players who are, rightly, being given a hard time. It's boring as fuck.

So is singling the same players out for criticism no matter what happens :dontknow:

Guest icemanblue

Is it fuck, man. You're currently championing to the two weakest links in our squad. You don't have to be an expert to see that neither are at the all-round standard required at this level.

If they turn it around, that's fantastic. They'll begin to get credit and be rightly praised. For proof of this, see Perch, James.

Simpson is pretty clearly the victim of confirmation bias in that people only watch for the mistakes he makes. And then those mistakes are magnified because of their opinion of him. Rarely does he get credit for the positive things he does (which he does do).

Guest bimpy474

Simpson is pretty clearly the victim of confirmation bias in that people only watch for the mistakes he makes. And then those mistakes are magnified because of their opinion of him. Rarely does he get credit for the positive things he does (which he does do).

He is poor. Its the lack of pace and absolute zero recovery when beaten by his man. You are right about him doing good things.

Hitler did good stuff too, gets rather overlooked somewhat though.

You will just have to trust me, it is.

My two arguments are -

1) Booing players is counter productive.

2) The Simpson stick is very tedious and he shouldn't get the sole blame for incidents like what happened yesterday as there were a number of errors by a number of players. It would be a lot healthier debate if we looked at things subjectively and not with bias.

Obviously I wouldn't but I don't see where I am wrong with these two viewpoints.

Guest bimpy474

My two arguments are -

2) The Simpson stick is very tedious and he shouldn't get the sole blame for incidents like what happened yesterday as there were a number of errors by a number of players. It would be a lot healthier debate if we looked at things subjectively and not with bias.

Obviously I wouldn't but I don't see where I am wrong with these two viewpoints.

Both points are exactly right mate. I never ever boo and Simpson should get stick when he deserves it and praise in equal measures.

Still doesn't change the fact he isn't good enough imo obviously.

He is poor. Its the lack of pace and absolute zero recovery when beaten by his man. You are right about him doing good things.

Hitler did good stuff to, gets rather overlooked somewhat though.

:jones:

Guest icemanblue

My two arguments are -

:lol: Aye, right. I give up.

Guest bimpy474

Check it out, very surprising actually.

Still a fecking lunatic murdering headcase to put it midly.

all about propensities, something we in the West have trouble with overall.  However, people do tend to exaggerate how shit Danny Simpson is on here.  No, he doesn't get shit done like Hitler or Stalin did.  But he's at least on the level of Pol Pot when it comes to defending - or building forced labor camps on a mass scale.

Guest bimpy474

all about propensities, something we in the West have trouble with overall.  However, people do tend to exaggerate how shit Danny Simpson is on here.  No, he doesn't get shit done like Hitler or Stalin did.  But he's at least on the level of Pol Pot when it comes to defending - or building forced labor camps on a mass scale.

More like Ming the Merciless, Debuchy is our Flash Gordon ;D

More like Ming the Merciless, Debuchy is our Flash Gordon ;D

an utterly shit actor?