Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest michaelfoster

He is a free agent unless he is offered a new contract me thinks. No compensation whatsoever.

He's under 24 so Man Utd will get compensation

Guest campbell93

Very good Championship player, but is he a good Premiership (if we go up). But, I'd extend the loan 'til the end of the season, then maybe sign him.

Guest campbell93

Very good Championship player, but is he a good Premiership (if we go up). But, I'd extend the loan 'til the end of the season, then maybe sign him.

Depending on what?

Dependin' on how good he plays, not too hard to figure out.

Depending on what?

You just said yourself he was a 'very good championship player'. Why on earth would we give him a contract in the summer but not now?

Guest campbell93

Depending on what?

You just said yourself he was a 'very good championship player'. Why on earth would we give him a contract in the summer but not now?

'Cause, he's free in the summer, ain't he? I'd rather get a decent free player than pay, the money could go on b

Guest campbell93

'Cause, he's free in the summer, ain't he? I'd rather get a decent free player than pay, the money could go on better players.*

Guest campbell93

Aye, but the lad said he 'was a very good championship player'. Seems like a massive contradiction to me.

Meant to say 'He's played very good for the 1st half of the season'. But you coulda known what I was on about.

Personally I don't really know what to make of him. He seems very unspectacular but doesn't seem to screw up much. I have no idea what he'd  be like in the premiership.

To be honest, we need more players like that at the club - ones whose name you don't hear often because they aren't fucking up.

Re: the subject of this thread - we would be absolutely stupid not to sign him up.  He seems like he wants to be here, he's solid, and he'll be cheap.

Also, someone above stated that Simpson may not "do enough" in the second half of the season to warrant a contract, but isn't that the case with any signing?  You're always inheriting that risk when you sign a new player that they may not live up to the standard.  We should count ourselves fortunate that we got a sneak peek at a potential signing without having to really throw any large amount of cash around.

He's alright but that's about it. Offers very little in any sort of attacking sense.

We discussed this yesterday.

My arguement was if he had Jonas ahead of him, he would be as Jonas relies on the fullback to support him, hence us seeing Jose forward so often.

As soon as Guthrie swapped to the left we saw very little of Jose going forwards.  Pancrate didn't give Simpson the chance to push onwards as he kept coming into the centre.

He's alright but that's about it. Offers very little in any sort of attacking sense.

Remember him getting forward very well against PNE (I think) and delivering some very nice crosses. Definitely has the ability.