Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

He's very limited going forward but a fairly important part of the best defence in the Championship.

Gets caught out of position far too much for my liking. Needs to work on his closing down too as he never seems to get close enough to the player he's meant to be marking.

Getting a bit sick of this lad now tbh. The right winger gets no help whatsoever.

Yep. He's cheap but whether he's actually going to be much use in the premier is starting to look doubtful. Another Guthrie type of signing probably.

s****. Get rid ASAP

And replace with who ey? He's absolutely fine for this level and wants to be here. I'd be happy with him as back-up in the premiership as well. He's nothing spectacular in any way but he's tidy enough on the ball. A good manager could really improve him.

I'd rather see ryan taylor there.

Yeah me too. Simpson's been poor the last month imo. I know he's been part of this "strongest defence in the league", etc. but you can see the qualities and performances Enrique, Taylor & Coloccini have been putting in, can't say the same about Simpson imo. If we loan him until the end of the season, fair enough, but I'd definitely not be signing him permanently.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

All in all he's a solid player- Pretty sound defensively but offers little going forward. An average type of player.

Solid, unspectacular full-backs on the cheap aren't easy to come by. We need to be building a squad, he's definitely worth keeping till the end of the season and maybe as backup in the future.

Don't forget he's quite young aswell, there's time for him to improve.

I am starting to lean against this going through now. The better football teams all play from the back and Simpson offers very little going forward. When you think what Enrique brings to the side we are missing out a lot down the other flank. I don't want to be playing this brand of football in the premier.

Guest Heneage

I'd rather have an Arbeloa than a Glen Johnson. First and foremost they have to be able to defend, if they can do both then great, there aren't too many of those about though.

Nail on the head.

When we have a bit of stability I'm more than happy, but we haven't exactly been fantastic scorers this season, our position at the top is thanks to a tight defence just as much as it is the finishing of Nolan and Ameobi. I don't see why we should change this method should we gain promotion.

Guest toonlass

OMG I find myself agreeing with Nixon. Our defence has been more or less spot on when it has been Simpson, Colo, Taylor, Enrique. I thought a defender's job primarily was to defend? While the lad may not get himself as forward as Enrique does he is still young and relatively inexperienced at professional level and has the potential to become a decent player.

I'd rather have an Arbeloa than a Glen Johnson. First and foremost they have to be able to defend, if they can do both then great, there aren't too many of those about though.

agreed wholeheartedly defenders should defend and simpsons fairly solid in that department with room for improvement

he falls into the "do we improve for now to get promoted" or "shouldn't we be looking for better with the possibility of being in the prem next year" as he's not a good enough defender to make up for his lack of goingforwardness (applying for a copyright on that)

dunno if this has been mentioned but chances of beye coming back on the cheap after a pretty dreadfull spell at villa so far? cnt be happy on the bench i immagine?

no...old and he had a poor second season. leads me to think he'd past it. very pleased to think we had his last good season the season before

dunno if this has been mentioned but chances of beye coming back on the cheap after a pretty dreadfull spell at villa so far? cnt be happy on the bench i immagine?

I have nothing against Beye, but I don't want anyone who jumped ship last season to come back. That's not how I roll.

I have nothing against Beye, but I don't want anyone who jumped ship last season to come back. That's not how I roll.

Yeah pretty much the same for me. Beye can go and suck my dick if he thinks he can just wander back into our side after ditching us for the utter wankheads who sent us down.

Damn straight. Anyone who wanted to bail when we went down should not be pitching up in black and white again imo.