Given and Bellamy on way out of City?

Jordan

CRAIG BELLAMY and Shay Given are considering quitting Manchester City.

New manager Roberto Mancini arrived at the club yesterday and immediately walked into tribal warfare.

The ex-Inter Milan boss is used to being the big chief - but key players Bellamy and Given are still squawking over the way Mark Hughes was axed on Saturday.

The pair have proved to be Hughes' best signings in his 18 months at Eastlands.

Bellamy is particularly loyal to Sparky, having played under him at Blackburn and with Wales.

GIVEN ... feels let downKeeper Given made the tough choice to leave Newcastle because of Hughes and the way the Welshman sold the ambitions of the club to him.

Both feel let down by chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak and chief executive officer Garry Cook.

The pair were particularly emotional after Saturday's 4-3 victory over Sunderland at Eastlands which proved to be Hughes' last game.

They led a six-player delegation to complain to Cook about the sacking.

And they have told close friends they are now considering their futures.

It will be a massive blow to Mancini if the pair decide to leave.

Both arrived in January - Given for £8million and Bellamy for £14m.

Many other players were unimpressed with their first day's training under Mancini and new assistant Brian Kidd.

Mancini had given a short address to the players saying how much he was looking forward to working with them.

Cook also told the players there had been no negotiations with Mancini until last Thursday.

A number of players left shaking their heads as it was clear there was earlier contact.

Yesterday Mancini admitted he met Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour in London two weeks ago.

A source close to the players said: "Some felt they were being treated like idiots and were not swallowing that."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2780804/Bellamy-n-Given-in-quit-threat.html#ixzz0aNO5agKq

The issue of when Mancini was approached is a bit of a red herring. When a club is unhappy with their manager, they will often sound out other possible candidates. I wouldn't expect clubs to only begin searching when the manager is sacked. Trouble is, Man City have made a bit of a hash of it by not being completely honest afterwards.

The main issue for me is whether the Man City owners have made a sensible decision, and I don't think they have. Whatever talent Mancini has, I reckon he's walking into an unhappy dressing room and you can't achieve anything in that situation.

I have no doubt that Given has been whingeing, he did regularly enough here, but this is a storm in a tea cup. Neither player is going to move from City while they are being bankrolled by the arabs, this is just typical sly muttering behind the scenes which we all got used to at Newcastle.

I have no doubt that Given has been whingeing, he did regularly enough here, but this is a storm in a tea cup. Neither player is going to move from City while they are being bankrolled by the arabs, this is just typical sly muttering behind the scenes which we all got used to at Newcastle.

Sly muttering? As I recall, Shay regularly spoke his mind in public while he was up here - and was widely thanked for it. Damned if you do etc.... but don't let me interrupt your sorry vendetta.

Guest toonlass

I'll just wait to see if the Given haters have the courage to jeer him amid the appreciative reception he'll receive from the vast majority of fans whenever he returns to SJP. But I won't hold my breath...

Best not. Unless we get them in the FA Cup 8 and a half months (at least) is a hell of a long time to hold your breath

It was always a matter of time. Given was ether going to become unhappy or City were going to find a bigger name in the 'keeper world.

Given, Beye and Bassong all failing to settle properly; that's what happens when you walk the plank too early.

It was always a matter of time. Given was ether going to become unhappy or City were going to find a bigger name in the 'keeper world.

Given, Beye and Bassong all failing to settle properly; that's what happens when you walk the plank too early.

Bassong not settling? That would make my day, I don't really give a shit about Given we haven't missed him at all. In fact I love the great atmosphere in the squad these days without these money grabbing moaners.

Guest toonlass

Bassong not settling? That would make my day, I don't really give a shit about Given we haven't missed him at all. In fact I love the great atmosphere in the squad these days without these money grabbing moaners.

We definitely have a more settled squad these days. The lads seem a lot happier.

Incidentally Full respect to Bellamy who never wanted to leave and was forced out by that c*** Souness.

Irony being he seems quite happy playing in the position he was asked to play here a few times under Souness these days.

Bellamy is always going to have his ups and downs, he just needed handling properly. SBR knew it, Hughes knew it, Souness didn't have a clue sadly.