Given and Bellamy on way out of City?

Jordan

If Robson hadn't crazily sold Solano, leaving him with Bowyer who was never a winger, and two kids not quite ready (Ambrose & Milner), then maybe Souness wouldn't have had to play Bellamy out there.

I thought the problem was more that when Shearer was injured Souness played Kluivert and Bellamy up top and they were very effective. Shearer came back from his injury and Souness tried to fit the three of them into a starting line up somehow. Bellamy was (typically) fairly vocal about the fact that he thought he and Kluivert were the best option the club had as strikers, so it was only a matter of time before he was shown the door. He always leads with his gob but he's played out wide for Citeh a few times without complaint so, as Tron said, he can be managed.

Remember it well - SBR responded by publicly reminding Bellamy that he had a contract with Newcastle. Dirty linen being shown for all the world to see sadly. So take your point. I don't think Bellamy has ever stepped out of line whist Hughes was managing him?

Bellamy had started spitting his dummy out even under Robson though. Remember after the Norwich home game where he said live on Sky about the Rooney potential transfer, "Craig Bellamy has to think about what's best for Craig Bellamy".

The difference is Robson could handle it. Like I said earlier you are always going to get the likes of Bellamy letting his mouth go, doesn't mean you have to chuck him out of the club.

Bellamy a better servant for Newcastle than Given? Now I've heard everything.

Anyone fancy pushing a pregnant lass down a flight of stairs or throwing a chair at the assistant manager?

Bellamy didn't want to leave, Given did. By all means revel in your Given worship just don't get miffed if everyone lese doesn't want to join in.

Anyone fancy pushing a pregnant lass down a flight of stairs or throwing a chair at the assistant manager?

Bellamy didn't want to leave, Given did. By all means revel in your Given worship just don't get miffed if everyone lese doesn't want to join in.

Added to that, Bellamy's departure had a huge impact on the team (and possibly the club) and has never been replaced.

Given's (voluntary) departure has made virtually no difference whatsoever.

If either Given or Bellamy thought that Hughes would be at City long term then they're idiots.

Anyway, what will happen to them? They'll both get luctractive transfers to other premiership clubs, I imagine.

They'll both keep stay and quietly collect their pay packets I think.

No, lil Craig just thought it was a lot more fun to fake an injury rather than go about it the correct way.

I imagine both are being paid huge salaries which no other club will be able or want to match.

I'd take Bellamy back. It's a risk, due to his chippy personality, but he was such a good player for us. Barton might be able to put him in his place in the training ground.

As for Given, no. He put himself before his team-mates. He should have waited till the end of the season.

I imagine both are being paid huge salaries which no other club will be able or want to match.

I'd take Bellamy back. It's a risk, due to his chippy personality, but he was such a good player for us. Barton might be able to put him in his place in the training ground.

As for Given, no. He put himself before his team-mates. He should have waited till the end of the season.

Could you not argue the same about Bellamy a) for threatening to leave if we'd signed Rooney and b) not playing in a different position when the manager felt it was for the good of the team?

Guest toonlass

I don't think Bellamy would want to come back anyway.

Not that many clubs left for him if he leaves Man City. I can't see him at Man U, or imagine him thriving under 'Arry at Spurs. Wenger wouldn't want him. Maybe Villa?

I couldn't see Bellamy coming back here. There are premiership clubs he would go to first.

Could you not argue the same about Bellamy a) for threatening to leave if we'd signed Rooney and b) not playing in a different position when the manager felt it was for the good of the team?

Well for sure, Bellamy was no angel. He got too big for his boots so perhaps some kind of parting of the ways was inevitable. On one level though, I accept Bellamy for who he is, as Sir Bob did.

Given on the other hand.... He could have stayed the season out. He just wanted to grab the opportunity of joining a bigger club in case the chance disappeared later on.