The State Within.

BlufPurdi

T o may stories going on in one, I am sure they will all meet at some pioint but I find its dragging on already after only 2 episodes.

True, I suppose.  But that's what I like about it, it's not like your typical British TV programme where they tell a story over the episode, then move on to something entirely different in the next (example being Spooks).  That's completely boring, and leaves nothing to get stuck into or wonder what's going to happen next. 

It'll obviously become clearer over the next few weeks.  Depends what sort of lifespan they have intended for it.

I'm watching it as well.  I was completely lost after the first episode, due to it in my opinion starting with too many story lines.  However, I'm starting to get into it, and starting to understand it bit better after the second episode.    It's starting to look like it could become a very good series.

Very good acting in it as well.   

Ok, I've just watched the first episode and I thought it was really good. Thank allah for a good british thriller-type drama where the writers didn't feel the need to resort to hackneyed stereotypes, cheap special effects, or high-camp!! I thought it was slick, well written, well acted and most importantly: interesting. About bloody time!!

Good to see Lennie James as well, I really rate him, the man's nigh-on omnipresent at the moment, how many things does he want to be in!?! This, last week's Spooks, and of course Jericho, well good luck to him, one of the few British actors that can pull-off a convincing Yankee accent.

Looking forward to watching the second episode, maybe even tonight, depending upon dl speeds.

Ok, I've just watched the first episode and I thought it was really good. Thank allah for a good british thriller-type drama where the writers didn't feel the need to resort to hackneyed stereotypes, cheap special effects, or high-camp!! I thought it was slick, well written, well acted and most importantly: interesting. About bloody time!!

Good to see Lennie James as well, I really rate him, the man's nigh-on omnipresent at the moment, how many things does he want to be in!?! This, last week's Spooks, and of course Jericho, well good luck to him, one of the few British actors that can pull-off a convincing Yankee accent.

Looking forward to watching the second episode, maybe even tonight, depending upon dl speeds.

:thup:

The last one is the first one I've enjoyed, actually. There's patience, but I think I'm just taking the piss out of myself hanging on like that.

What's the money on the Yank woman having dual-Israeli citizenship? I tell you, the biggest twist of all would be it turning out the whole thing has been orchestrated and executed by a militant Islamic sect afterall.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this was an excellent series.  Sadly, though, it seems to have only attracted 3.1m viewers for the last few episodes, so it's no doubt going to be scrapped.  BBC seem to be rash like that.  Seems we'd rather watch I'm A Celebrity, yawn.  I'd like to see those viewer ratings compared to some other programmes like, I doubt they're much better. 

Bring on Casualty and Holby City, I'm sure we watch them in our billions. :roll:

Has it hit the US yet?

Yeah, this was the first one, I managed to watch on the actual tv.

I have really enjoyed watching this and I thought it was a refreshing change from the normal shite we get.

I particularly liked the ending, it was a clever way to finish because if they had shown him going through with it, it would be unbelievable, but if he'd have bottled it, it would be a disappointing let-down, so to leave it hanging was great because... ...well, it left it hanging. :lol:

Don't know if they ever planned to have have another series though, did they? Not sure how they could take it on from there, particularly because that would necessitate removing the ambiguity from the ending, which would spoil it. If it was never going to be given a second series, I like that, because I'm sick of programmes that spin-out more episodes than their story-lines can actually cope with.

True, but I think they've left it open for a second series.  Might not have been planned, but they could've easily killed the idea. 

Mind you, I agree on shows making too many episodes, but I think this could do more than SIX.  I think it'll all depend on how well it'll go down in the US.  I don't have high hopes, despite thinking it's good.  Regardless of how good some US programmes are, a lot of their success rests on the amount of money that is piled in to advertising campaigns.  Something the BBC simply doesn't have, is money to throw at pointless advertising.  Although, I guess it's not so pointless...