Guest palnese

Guest palnese

Casillas

Alves Terry Vidic Evra

Gerrard Xavi Iniesta

Messi Torres Ronaldo

Also:

Lionel Messi wins the World Player of the Year award shocker

Marta of Brazil won the Women's player of the year for the 4th consecutive year.

Guest Stephen927

Why is Casillas chosen over Valdes?

6 f***ing titles man, it's not only because of the defense.

Casillas is the bigger name, Valdes would only have people questioning their judgement.

Why is Casillas chosen over Valdes?

6 fucking titles man, it's not only because of the defense.

Probably because Casillas is the better keeper.

I like how Alves is in the World XI, but isn't Brazil's first choice RB

The funny is how people say how Valdes isnt there, but Julio Cesar and Maicon doesnt even get a mention.

Fine Dani Alves won more titles, but Maicon is th ebetter player and the same goes for Julio Cesar he's arguably better than Casillas.

who in that midfield is going to defend?

You're right. Tweaked:

Casillas

Alves    Terry  Vidic      Evra

Gerrard    Smith      Iniesta

Messi      Torres    Ronaldo

Gerrard was great for the majority of last season tbh, just this season that hes been shit.

His reputation abroad seems better than over here. I don't know why so many are critical of him. He's a great player.

I'd also put in Rooney for that big soft Portuguese poser.

Casillas has his moments of brilliance i agree on that, not saying he is a bad goalie, what i am saying though is that valdes is a far more consistant goalie or at least was last year.

Valdes was far more consistant in an all around  more consistant team, whilst Casillas was playing in an far worse team (if you could call them that) last season.

Tuff choice but i would have gone for Valdes with all those titles they won, but i can see why Casillas is a more popular choice as he has that extra gear which Valdes seems to be missing.

having watched real madrid on a few occasions the one thing i observed is without casillas they would be so screwed with their crap defence

Guest guinness_fiend

Funny how Frank 'Zidane' Lampard and Didier 'best overall forawrd ever' Drogba didn't make it in.

To be fair, Drogba should be in the squad ahead of Torres. 

Funny how Frank 'Zidane' Lampard and Didier 'best overall forawrd ever' Drogba didn't make it in.

To be fair, Drogba should be in the squad ahead of Torres. 

This season, aye. Injuries and lack of motivation held Drogba back last season and Torres was the better player.

"The recent FIFA World Player of the Year award was given to Lionel Messi, the runaway winner, but had John Terry had his way it would have been very different.

The Chelsea skipper voted for two of his teammates, Didier Drogba and Michael Ballack, in the top two positions, while he plumped for Andres Iniesta of Barcelona in third."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/12/22/1703234/john-terrys-fifa-world-player-vote-revealed

:doh:

Ballack in his top three and no Messi... :lol: