Nobby Solano signs for Leicester City until the end of the season

Weznufc

That's actually one wiki page that Mick hasn't spoiled and corrupted. He must be away looking for his teeth or somat.

I haven't spoiled any and only corrupted 1 for a couple of minutes before changing it back.  :lol:

In all seriousness I saw the Venezuela, Argentina and Bolivia games. He wasn't taking set pieces, was subbed before the 70th minute in each despite being captain and generally looked subdued.

He was taking free kicks and corners, which set pieces didn't he take?

He defintely wasn't against Venezuela and Argentina. I was under the influence during the Bolivia fixture.

That's actually one wiki page that Mick hasn't spoiled and corrupted. He must be away looking for his teeth or somat.

I haven't spoiled any and only corrupted 1 for a couple of minutes before changing it back.  :lol:

Vandals anonomous.

Vandals anonomous.

It'll have been Geremi himself man, the lying old fucker.

Vandals anonomous.

It'll have been Geremi himself man, the lying old f***er.

Clearly been trolling  :laugh:

Loving how he's basing his opinion on Solano on what happened in his one season at West Ham (where he scored the same amount in fewer games than what Harewood did in his last season at the same club a year earlier...and who he's quite happy for us to have at this level), and a few games for Peru where they were pretty much group whipping boys in this lot of qualifiers so hard to criticise one player for that.

Classic Ronaldo. :lol:

Loving how he's basing his opinion on Solano on what happened in his one season at West Ham (where he scored the same amount in fewer games than what Harewood did in his last season at the same club a year earlier...and who he's quite happy for us to have at this level), and a few games for Peru where they were pretty much group whipping boys in this lot of qualifiers so hard to criticise one player for that.

Not everyone needs to see 2 full seasons of shiteness to determine that a player's not up to it anymore. O0

West Ham released Solano man. :lol:

Guest Heneage

I'm a season ticket holder at his club in Peru, FC Lima United. And I can honestly say that

Nolberto Albino Solano Todco (born 12 December 1974 in Callao), commonly known as "Nobby" or "Ñol", is a Peruvian football player who plays for Universitario de Deportes, having spent much of his career in the English Premier League. He is a popular figure in his native Peru, where he is seen as one of the most famous Peruvians, appearing on a postage stamp, telephone cards and having his wedding televised live.[1][2]

His talents in football range from accurate crosses to accomplished dead-ball skills and he has traditionally played either on the right wing, or as a right back during his career. He is the first choice player to take corner and direct free kicks. Solano is the first Peruvian to play in the Premier League and the FA Cup Final. He is also an accomplished trumpet player and has set up his own Salsa band, The Geordie Latinos.[3] He has described himself as an 'adopted Geordie'.[4]

Universitario de Deportes

Solano joined Greek club Larissa in August 2008 on a two-year contract but a few months into the season, Solano accepted an offer (two-year contract) from Universitario de Deportes. Solano has stated that he wishes to retire within a few years, and hopes to finish his career at Peruvian club Sport Boys, a team hailing from the district of Callao, where he was born.[14] On 22 December 2009, it was reported that Solano was training with League One side Colchester United.[15]

[edit] International career

Solano made his full international debut for Peru at the age of 18, since then he has been capped 88 times, scoring 20 goals. He has been a key member of the squad since the mid-1990s but, in June 2005, Solano decided to quit the Peruvian national football team due to disagreements with the coach, Freddy Ternero. In 2006, he returned to the national team setup under new coach Franco Navarro. Despite his return to the national team, Solano was not selected for Peru's Copa America 2007 squad. He has continued to represent the national team since then, but with his country having no chance at all of qualifying for the 2010 FIFA World Cup, he has recently announced his decision to retire from international football after the upcoming World Cup Qualifiers against Argentina and Bolivia. Solano has also stated his desire to try and guide his country to the World Cup as a coach in the near future to try and make up for never making it as a player. [1]

But that's just my opinion.

Not everyone needs to see 2 full seasons of shiteness to determine that a player's not up to it anymore. O0

West Ham released Solano man. :lol:

It also looks as if Aston Villa are quite happy to release Aston Villa when his contract's up this summer. Don't see how that means anything. And where were these "2 seasons of shiteness"?

Missed the point somewhat.

Don't see why you're even bringing Harewood into the argument, West Ham sold him for decent money, He scored goals when he played for Villa and has scored goals for us. Solano played in the Peruvian league this year man, and is now on trial at fucking Colchester.

Player in returning home shocker (he still won the league there btw). He might have regretted going there when he did and still feels he can offer something at a better standard, and a team challenging for a promotion spot in League One isn't a bad place to get back into it. Still think he'd do a good job as cover at full-back and right-midfield and would still have that bit of guile that could unlock a door in the last 15-20 minutes of a game where we need a goal, something we're lacking.

I loved a prime Solano, what a player. But twice we let him go for peanuts, as did Villa and finally West Ham for nowt. He did went to Grecce and Peru and is now needing to prove himself to get a contract at Colchester.

Anyone suggesting he could be a player for us or even our own 'Ryan Giggs' needs a slap.

Bellamy's a great player though Spence.

STILL is while the others I have dont think could hack it anymore & say this without watching any Peruvian Primera División games :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: but we are just going down memory lane with these fuckers.

STILL is while the others I have dont think could hack it anymore & say this without watching any Peruvian Primera División games :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: but we are just going down memory lane with these fuckers.

By the sounds of it you've seen as much of the Peruvian Primera Division games as Ronaldo has seen Peruvian Internationals when Nobby "wasn't taking set pieces."

Let it go man Mick, we all loved the bloke but you're completely wrong here.

No, you're completely wrong, I watched the Argentina game and he was taking set pieces and no I didn't edit the Guardian website.

A quick search of google for Peru v Argentina and the top search result has Nobby taking set pieces.  :lol:

38 min Peru finally get into the Argentine half and get a free-kick in a good position on the left wing, but Nobby Solano of all people punts it miles past the far post.

47 min Vargas hits the bar for Peru! Solano on the right drills a corner deep to Vargas, 30 yards out, and he slashes across a beautiful left-footed volley that just grazes the fingers of the keeper Romero before thudding off the bar.

Well I left the room once or twice but I never saw him take one and definetely saw someone other than Solano taking several of them. I remember being fairly surprised by that.

And change your avatar man you daft little tart.