Nobby Solano signs for Leicester City until the end of the season

Weznufc

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article6991781.ece

Window watch: Newcastle and Solano reunited

George Caulkin, Gary Jacob, Peter Lansley 

Nolberto Solano hopes to secure a sentimental return to Newcastle United after spending the past few days training with his former club, who suffered disappointment in the transfer market yesterday when Jermaine Beckford committed his immediate future to Leeds United.

“I have decided I want to finish what I have been striving to do for the last two seasons — and that is to help promote Leeds United out of a division to which the club doesn’t belong,” Beckford said.

Solano, 35, the former Peru midfield player who remains a popular figure on Tyneside after two spells at St James’ Park, had been expected to join Colchester United, but has decided against signing for the Coca-Cola League One club. While his link-up with Chris Hughton’s team is intended to be a temporary measure, Newcastle’s coaching staff have been impressed with his fitness and quality.

Nolberto Solano hopes to secure a sentimental return to Newcastle United after spending the past few days training with his former club, who suffered disappointment in the transfer market yesterday when Jermaine Beckford committed his immediate future to Leeds United.

I have decided I want to finish what I have been striving to do for the last two seasons and that is to help promote Leeds United out of a division to which the club doesnt belong, Beckford said.

Solano, 35, the former Peru midfield player who remains a popular figure on Tyneside after two spells at St James Park, had been expected to join Colchester United, but has decided against signing for the Coca-Cola League One club. While his link-up with Chris Hughtons team is intended to be a temporary measure, Newcastles coaching staff have been impressed with his fitness and quality.

Ronaldo will be pulling his teeth out.  :lol:

“I have decided I want to finish what I have been striving to do for the last two seasons — and that is to help promote Leeds United out of a division to which the club doesn’t belong,” Beckford said.

Solano, 35, the former Peru midfield player who remains a popular figure on Tyneside after two spells at St James’ Park, had been expected to join Colchester United, but has decided against signing for the Coca-Cola League One club. While his link-up with Chris Hughton’s team is intended to be a temporary measure, Newcastle’s coaching staff have been impressed with his fitness and quality.

Would be great but not gunna happen

I have decided I want to finish what I have been striving to do for the last two seasons and that is to help promote Leeds United out of a division to which the club doesnt belong, Beckford said.

Solano, 35, the former Peru midfield player who remains a popular figure on Tyneside after two spells at St James Park, had been expected to join Colchester United, but has decided against signing for the Coca-Cola League One club. While his link-up with Chris Hughtons team is intended to be a temporary measure, Newcastles coaching staff have been impressed with his fitness and quality.

Ronaldo will be pulling his teeth out.  :lol:

I love the bloke as much as anyone. He isn't good enough any more but to see him pull on the shirt one more time would be fantastic. Heart ruling head in that respect.

tbf, we all would hope for more but at the end of the day he'll arguably be the most technically gifted player in this division.  We've all realised this league is piss poor, technique seems to count for a great deal, seemingly more than physical attributes to a realistic extent.  As long as you can run for 90 mins, technique is more important.

We've got locals playing in the team but I bet nobody would be more proud to pull on our shirt than Nobby if he was given the chance.  I'd rather see him playing in our starting 11 than Nicky Butt.  I hope it works out for him as he's probably my favourite foreign player and probably in our top 2 foreigners ever, it would be between him and George Robledo.