Man attempts to blow up plane with firetotheworks

JH

AP: Passenger tries to blow up plane in Detroit

By The Associated Press

ROMULUS, Mich. – A passenger aboard a plane at Detroit Metropolitan Airport set off firecrackers Friday, causing a commotion and some minor injuries, a Delta official said.

A U.S. intelligence official told the Associated Press that the passenger was attempting to blow up the plane.

Delta Air Lines spokeswoman Susan Elliott said the passenger was subdued immediately. Shehad no details on the injuries.

One passenger from the flight was taken to the University of Michigan Medical Center in Ann Arbor, hospital spokeswoman Tracy Justice said. She didn't know the person's condition, or whether the person was a man or woman. She referred all inquiries to the FBI.

An FBI spokeswoman in Detroit said the incident was being investigated.

The firecrackers went off as Northwest Airlines Flight 253, an Airbus 330 carrying 278 passengers, was arriving in Detroit from Amsterdam. Delta and Northwest have merged.

J.P. Karas, 55, of Wyandotte, Mich., said he was driving down a road near the airport and saw a Delta jet at the end of the runway, surrounded by police cars, an ambulance, a bus and some TV trucks.

"I don't ever recall seeing a plane on that runway ever before and I pass by there frequently," he said.

Karas said it was difficult to tell what was going on, but it looked like the front wheel was off the runway.

http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2009/12/25/r_1ayukvfwrdyidapmcny15w/index.xml

Guest lankybellwipe

How do they know he was trying to blow up the plane? He sounds like he's just an asshole.

So do yo............. Woah,  sorry guys!! Mike is not that type of asshole!!  If Mike wants to blow up a plane, he won't piss about, and fanny on!  Sorry Mike :blush:

How do they know he was trying to blow up the plane? He sounds like he's just an asshole.

I think they were going off what the 'U.S. intelligence official' said.

hope nobody is going around with a name like 'fire totheworks' with them Einsteins on the case.

I think they were going off what the 'U.S. intelligence official' said.

hope nobody is going around with a name like 'fire totheworks' with them Einsteins on the case.

It's scrapped my new name change - imgonnablowupaplane

Haven't posted in a little bit, so I'd just thought I'd clarify that it wasn't me. Any claims to the contrary are simply false and malicious.

A scond Nigerian man has been arrested on a different plane

Wouldn't fancy being a Nigerian flying from America at the moment :lol:

This idiot has pretty much ruined flying for all of us. I'd wager quite a bit of cash that I'll be stopped at the airport next time I flash my Nigerian passport.

Haven't posted in a little bit, so I'd just thought I'd clarify that it wasn't me. Any claims to the contrary are simply false and malicious.

No one made that joke because a part of all of us was certain that it was you.

Glad to see they didn't catch you, man.  :thup: