Sheffield Wednesday 2-2 Newcastle United - 26/12/09 - post match from page 11

Nate

Guest firetotheworks

Call me insane, but Nicky Butt had a splendid half. Where was Enrique for their first goal.

You're insane mate.  :lol:

Well that was painfully dull. Effective though, as usual. Given the woeful start i didn't think we'd be in this position.

The fact that we've got such a water-tight defensive unit simply means we can play absolutely shite and still win the game. All we've got to do is put it in the net once or twice.

Mind you, it's a bit painful watching Shola and Harewood up there together. I'd say it's alright at home when we're trying to play football (rather than hoofing it every time), cos having them both hold it up and being available for crosses is useful. However away from home it's pointless wasting Lovenkrands on the bench; we need a bit of zip up there... cos them two just don't know where the hell each other are. They're playing independently of one another.

An early goal in the second half will kill it.

Call me insane, but Nicky Butt had a splendid half. Where was Enrique for their first goal.

No honestly, hes done absolutely nothing wrong, and his long passes that usually end up with fuck all, are accurate today. :kinnear:

No honestly, hes done absolutely nothing wrong, and his long passes that usually end up with f*** all, are accurate today. :kinnear:

No, he started hitting every ball to be a long ball and most of them were shit. But as soon as we got better he got bit better as well.

No honestly, hes done absolutely nothing wrong, and his long passes that usually end up with f*** all, are accurate today. :kinnear:

It's true.  Butt's played pretty damn well.

It's true.  Butt's played pretty damn well.

Dion Dublin agrees  :snod:

Guest firetotheworks

There's a lot more to a player than when they have the ball though. Butt's positioning is terrible, gets sucked into the action and then the ball bypasses the midfield time and time again. Even when he's had the ball, he's done nothing that you wouldn't expect of anyone, and still played those ridiculous first time balls to no one.

On the Butt scale he's been good, on the average player scale he's been below average.

There's a lot more to a player than when they have the ball though. Butt's positioning is terrible, gets sucked into the action and then the ball bypasses the midfield time and time again. Even when he's had the ball, he's done nothing that you wouldn't expect of anyone, and still played those ridiculous first time balls to no one.

On the Butt scale he's been good, on the average player scale he's been below average.

Exactly, we always use the Butt scale  O0

It's so refreshing having Shola back in the side on a regular basis. I do like Carroll, Lovenkrands and Ranger - but Shola's the only one who'll knock it out of his feet and blast the thing. Like i say, all our strikers have good qualities in certain areas, but the fact that there's only one who'll shoot on sight is a little bit depressing.

But he's in the side now and he's proving what good finishing ability he has. It's all he's ever had, really, and it works a treat in this crappy league.