Phone upgrade

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

Am on Orange and can upgrade in February. Thing is I can't decide between the iPhone, BlackBerry or HTC Touch. I really fancy the iPhone, but my brother reckons they are shite, but he tends to hate Apple as a whole. Can someone recommend either the phone to get, or a site that compares them.

If you have other Blackberry owning friends, Blackberry imo because of the Blackberry messaging free texts pic messages etc to friends but if not get an iphone, a superior phone for Apps and Games and the like if you don't mind owning the same phone as everyone.

Guest toonlass

iPhone, hands down. There's nowt like it on the market today.

What's the OS like to get used to? I haven't used a mac before.

It's very easy, took me less than a day when I first got it, and I hadn't used Mac then either, and was very anti-Apple. The iPhone changed my entire opinion of the company, and now I even have a MacBook Pro.

Guest toonlass

It's very easy, took me less than a day when I first got it, and I hadn't used Mac then either, and was very anti-Apple. The iPhone changed my entire opinion of the company, and now I even have a MacBook Pro.

Cheers, thanks mate x

I'm a total retard with phones and I can use the iPhone quite easily, which surprised me a little as I thought it'd be complicated. Not keen on the Blackkerry, though seen less of it and that may be partially due to the work tossers I know who have them.  :lol: Not seen much of the other one either.

Guest toonlass

What is the difference beween the iPhone 3g and the iPhone 3gS and would someone who has never had an iphone or an iPod notice? Is it worth paying an £80+ supplement to get a 3gS? Also can you use an iPhone on an iPod docking station to play music?

What is the difference beween the iPhone 3g and the iPhone 3gS and would someone who has never had an iphone or an iPod notice? Is it worth paying an £80+ supplement to get a 3gS? Also can you use an iPhone on an iPod docking station to play music?

Probably not, it's got a video recorder, is quicker and a couple of other minor upgrades. Should work on a docking station fine.

Faster Internet, somewhat better camera and the possibility to record video are the major differences, you'd not really notice the difference if you've never had one bar not being able to record video.

Guest toonlass

Get an HTC Hero. Cheaper contracts and just as good if not better than an iphone.

If I was going to get an HTC I would probably get the Touch  tbh

Faster Internet, somewhat better camera and the possibility to record video are the major differences, you'd not really notice the difference if you've never had one bar not being able to record video.

It has a superior chipset and far more capable graphics processing as well, if that matters.

Guest toonlass

It has a superior chipset and far more capable graphics processing as well, if that matters.

What does that mean?

What does that mean?

If you deep fry your phone with your chips they taste better.

Guest toonlass

What does that mean?

What if you do your chips in the oven?

What does that mean?

It is faster.

What does that mean?

They don't taste as good.

Guest toonlass

What does that mean?

Better for you though.

Get an HTC Hero. Cheaper contracts and just as good if not better than an iphone.

If I was going to get an HTC I would probably get the Touch  tbh

Having had the Hero and the Touch HD i would definitely say for aesthetics the touch is far superior but general use and quality of the phone the Hero hands down!

What does that mean?

Better for you though.

True.

Stay clear of HTC, amazing phones, but the battery life is shocking, also the touch versions are a pain in the ass to lock, takes about 5 minutes to lock it without touching the pad. I'm going to go for the iPhone which should be a hell of alot cheaper when I come to renew in August.