Newcastle v Derby Pre-match thread - Live on Sky at 5.20pm (28/12/09)

Guest toonlass

Harper

R.Taylor - S.Taylor - Coloccini - Enrique

Guthrie - Nolan - Smith - Jonas

Carroll - Ameobi

Subs: Krul, Kadar, Pancrate, Inman, LuaLua, Lovenkrands, Ranger

Think we should go all out for this 4-3-3

Harper

Simpson         Saylor         Collocini         Enrique

Smith

Nolan               Guthrie

Lovenkrands (CF/SS)

Carroll                     Amoebi   

Subs: Jonas, Pancake, Krul, Butt, Kadar, Ranger, Raylor.

Smith as the DM with both Nolan and Guthrie supplying in that advanced midfield role, I think Carroll is VERY important for our long ball tactics, really dont want to play longball agian, but thats not going to happen :/ With Enrique and Simpson running on the flanks.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Harper

Carroll - Ameobi

Inman?

And as for the team selection...

Let's just say I'm glad we don't have you as manager.

In Newcastle for this one and might go along and see it. Any recommendations for seating/prices? Never bought at the box office before.

Id recommend the Milburn stand for best view, valued at 40 quid, but its always quiet there, otherwise level 7 leazes end or gallowgate for 25 quid great atmosphere there.

Harper

Carroll - Ameobi

And as for the team selection...

Let's just say I'm glad we don't have you as manager.

In your lineup you have moved our most creative player from his best position*

*=best does not equal players favored position

Guest toonlass

In Newcastle for this one and might go along and see it. Any recommendations for seating/prices? Never bought at the box office before.

Best view probably the lower Milburn, best atmosphere definitely level 7 corner

Guest Heneage

They will have Dean Moxey missing next week as he was sent off today. I don't know how good he is, and after a quick look at the line up today I can't tell how they line up it looks like 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 with Moxey playing CB.

Why would anyone prefer R Taylor to Simpson at RB?

Because Taylor's ability to put in a decent ball is very underrated, but I want Guthrie in the team. With the Nolan - Smith partnership pretty much untouchable in Hughton's eyes, the only place for him is RB.

As above, but Carroll has to play if we're going to use those horrific tactics again.

:kasper:    did I read that right?

You're spot on like Ronaldo!!!

And Ameobi only guarentee's a goal as his in the box with a team that'll beat the defence and pass it to him or put in a good cross/corner etc. All our strikers but Ranger would guarentee a goal if they start ahead of Ameobi.....I reckon sell hi when his stock will be highest. Cant stand him!

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Harper

Simpson Colo Taylor Enrique

Raylor Smith Guthrie Jonas

Loven Nolan

How's about that?

Nolan as an out an out striker or a 4-4-1-1? Because if it's our "away scrappy 1-0 win formation", we'll leave Lovenkrands on his own up front for large periods of the game and end up playing the long ball to him.

As above, but Carroll has to play if we're going to use those horrific tactics again.

:kasper:     did I read that right?

You're spot on like Ronaldo!!!

And Ameobi only guarentee's a goal as his in the box with a team that'll beat the defence and pass it to him or put in a good cross/corner etc. All our strikers but Ranger would guarentee a goal if they start ahead of Ameobi.....I reckon sell hi when his stock will be highest. Cant stand him!

Well you're completely stupid then. He's the only player in our squad who absolutely guarentees us a goal every 2 games if not 1.

Harper

Simpson Colo Taylor Enrique

Raylor Smith Guthrie Jonas

Loven Nolan

How's about that?

Nolan as an out an out striker or a 4-4-1-1? Because if it's our "away scrappy 1-0 win formation", we'll leave Lovenkrands on his own up front for large periods of the game and end up playing the long ball to him.

Nolan as an out and out. That way we get good cover and organisation in the middle from Smith, good passing asd vision from Guthrie, a decent ball in from the right, our best option on the left, Nolan up top will get his goal and not waste a position in midfield and Lovenkrands just because he's Lovenkrands. Pace, creativity, high possibility of a goal, energy.

We couldn't do it away from home but we'll play good football with this team...surely. I'm pleased with the points we have but what everyone is saying is right. We need to take it to teams and beat them on merit, not because they're shite!