Newcastle v Derby Pre-match thread - Live on Sky at 5.20pm (28/12/09)

Guest toonlass

Guest campbell93

Harper

Taylor    Coloccini 

Simpson                                    Enrique

Smith      Nolan 

Pancrate                                  Gutierrez

Ameobi        Carroll

Newcastle 3 - 1 Derby; Ameobi scores 2 in the first half (12, 42), then Nolan scores late in the second half (83).

Crowd: 46,954 (looks like almost everywhere is almost sold out & a few are sold out).

Can see West Brom beatin' Scunthorpe, so we'll stay 8 points clear at the top.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Harper

Simpson

Taylor

Coloccini

Enrique

Guthrie

Smith

Nolan

Gutierrez

Ameobi

Carroll

Subs: Krul, Kadar, R.Taylor, Butt, Pancrate, Ranger, Lovenkrands

Nailed on.

In Newcastle for this one and might go along and see it. Any recommendations for seating/prices? Never bought at the box office before.

Id recommend the Milburn stand for best view, valued at 40 quid, but its always quiet there, otherwise level 7 leazes end or gallowgate for 25 quid great atmosphere there.

???

Pretty sure last time i was there i could hear somebody pissing over in the East stand bogs.

In Newcastle for this one and might go along and see it. Any recommendations for seating/prices? Never bought at the box office before.

Id recommend the Milburn stand for best view, valued at 40 quid, but its always quiet there, otherwise level 7 leazes end or gallowgate for 25 quid great atmosphere there.

???

Pretty sure last time i was there i could hear somebody pissing over in the East stand bogs.

It has its moments and when it does sing the roof makes it sound louder then it probably is.  Level 7 for atmosphere like, although even that is dwindling I reckon.

Guest campbell93

You can't drop Guthrie ffs. Another assist today, he deserves the shirt at the moment.

'Course you can.

Nolan; he's alot better than Guthrie, scores more goals and just in general, he's a better player.

Smith; same as Nolan really (apart from the goals bit). He wins the ball most of the time too.

Pancrate; he's fast and can get the ball in the box (his goal wasn't bad too!).

Gutierrez; same as Pancrate, to be honest.

Guest campbell93

Nolan is more experienced, better vision, better at shootin'. Guthrie can cross good & run faster, can also has lost the ball more.

What's Guthrie done better than Nolan apart from his goal verus Leicester and his good crosses?

Guest Heneage

Fail to see what Pancrate's done to deserve to start, if I was to make any changes it would be Smith for Butt or Ryan Taylor for Butt (Assuming Smith's not ready) and allow Guthrie inside.

Still need to start Carroll and possibly Lovenkrands at home Loven seems to do well, and with their hassling and work rate we could cause them problems.

Nolan is more experienced, better vision, better at shootin'. Guthrie can cross good & run faster, can also has lost the ball more.

What's Guthrie done better than Nolan apart from his goal verus Leicester and his good crosses?

How about his dozen or so assists.

Fail to see what Pancrate's done to deserve to start, if I was to make any changes it would be Smith for Butt or Ryan Taylor for Butt (Assuming Smith's not ready) and allow Guthrie inside.

Still need to start Carroll and possibly Lovenkrands at home Loven seems to do well, and with their hassling and work rate we could cause them problems.

Completely agree with all of that.

Pancrate scored a good goal, but that is all he has done other then a cameo of running in his sub appearance.  His general finishing has looked shocking since.

Carroll was brilliant today when he came on, and Lovens adds that bit pace.

Guest toonlass

Crowd: 46,954 (looks like almost everywhere is almost sold out & a few are sold out).

Not a hope. We will be lucky to hit 40, 000 if the charts on .cock are right. Still loads of seats left.

Guest Heneage

I'm amazed that people are suggesting leaving Shola out on Monday. He's sadly our biggest attacking threat by far.

Against a clumbsy Dean Leacock, Lovenkrands pace would be ideal.

Guest Heneage

How would we utilise his pace, realistically?

We are playing long ball, so it's quite simple. Lovenkrands running onto his flicks and into the channels causing them problems, it seems like they play 3-5-2 which may change, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I don't see Loven and Carroll working.

Carroll and Shola at least allows one to play to his donkey work strength whilst the other concentrates on getting into the right positions. Loven for me gets into the right positions infrequently.

How would we utilise his pace, realistically?

We are playing long ball, so it's quite simple. Lovenkrands running onto his flicks and into the channels causing them problems, it seems like they play 3-5-2 which may change, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

You should give Hughton a bell. This team is screaming out for you and your brilliant football shaped brain.

Guest campbell93

Not a hope. We will be lucky to hit 40, 000 if the charts on .cock are right. Still loads of seats left.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2qtxwup.png

Looks like alot places are amost sold out. Maybe not almost 47,000 but more than 43,000 or how many we normally get.

Looks like alot places are amost sold out. Maybe not almost 47,000 but more than 43,000 or how many we normally get.

For a start the 'unavailable' ones at the back of the Gallowgate have none sold bar the odd ST that may be in there as they are the ones that are pay on the gate.

Guest toonlass

For a start the 'unavailable' ones at the back of the Gallowgate have none sold bar the odd ST that may be in there as they are the ones that are pay on the gate.

And secondly have you actually double clicked each block? It shows how many seats are left in each area, and there are loads.