Newcastle v Derby Pre-match thread - Live on Sky at 5.20pm (28/12/09)

Guest toonlass

tbf games aren't won by who is on the bench. It's who's on the pitch that matters, especially with Chris '85th minute substitution' Hughton.

To be fair to Hughton, he got most of his subs this season spot on. Yes, sometimes they were too late to make an impact, but as I said most of the time he got them right.

He has rarely made a decision dependent on how the game is shaping, he has done it to time.

For example, we were defending a 1-0 lead somewhere this season with 5 minutes to go, and he put a third striker on the pitch - I mean wtf?!

Guest WashyGeordie

Will there be many Drby fans travelling up?

The Magpies play their final fixture of 2009 on Monday, when Derby County are the visitors to SJP for a 5.20pm KO, live on Sky Sports.

Tickets are now on general sale for this game and NUFC confirm that cash turnstiles will be open as follows:

Gallowgate Upper 57, 66 & 67, Adults £25, Juniors £13.

North West Corner 15 & 16, Adults £25, Juniors £13.

For anyone needing to collect pre-bought tickets, the collection windows at the back of the Gallowgate End (aka the South Stand, above Shearers) open at 2.20pm.

The visitors still had an unspecified number of their 2,268 allocation available on the last day for sales - Sunday.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

tbf games aren't won by who is on the bench. It's who's on the pitch that matters, especially with Chris '85th minute substitution' Hughton.

To be fair to Hughton, he got most of his subs this season spot on. Yes, sometimes they were too late to make an impact, but as I said most of the time he got them right.

He has rarely made a decision dependent on how the game is shaping, he has done it to time.

For example, we were defending a 1-0 lead somewhere this season with 5 minutes to go, and he put a third striker on the pitch - I mean wtf?!

It was Sheffield United away wasn't it where he brought on Ranger for Simpson and Harewood late on to hold onto a 1-0 lead. I can see where you're coming from with that!

It was Sheffield United away wasn't it where he brought on Ranger for Simpson and Harewood late on to hold onto a 1-0 lead. I can see where you're coming from with that!

But it has worked against them, hasn't it? I think considering that on our bench were: Krul, Guthrie, Geremi, Tozer and Donaldson, who would you have picked to defend? I think to pick a striker for defence isn't the worst idea as in that case, Harewood and Ranger both are physicaly stronger than for example Guthrie and in Harewoods case also more experienced than anyone on the bench besides Geremi.

And if I remember correctly they both did well at defending set pieces. 

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

But it has worked against them, hasn't it? I think considering that on our bench were: Krul, Guthrie, Geremi, Tozer and Donaldson, who would you have picked to defend? I think to pick a striker for defence isn't the worst idea as in that case, Harewood and Ranger both are physicaly stronger than for example Guthrie and in Harewoods case also more experienced than anyone on the bench besides Geremi.

Agreed. Ranger did well defending set pieces along with Carroll but if I remember correctly Harewood was shifted out wide right and all he seemed to do was a lot of running about and doing nothing

Agreed. Ranger did well defending set pieces along with Carroll but if I remember correctly Harewood was shifted out wide right and all he seemed to do was nothing

FYP.

why, i thought that title was the time the sky coverage started?

No, that's the kick off time.

dont know why i asked , cos now i dont believe yous, and think your setting me up.

edit, just checked .com....ok thanks.

what time is KO ?

Are you taking the piss?

why, i thought that title was the time the sky coverage started?

Mick thought you were his nurse.

Jon, that is actually brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol: