Newcastle v Derby Pre-match thread - Live on Sky at 5.20pm (28/12/09)

Guest toonlass

I can't take my eyes off Mick's avatar. :lol:

Don't start singing, that would be too much.

Oh my mother said, that I never should, play the with naughty girls in my neighbourhood....

I'm shocked that anybody rates Lovenkrands over Carroll. Personally, i think Carroll is the biggest handful we have (even if there are question marks over his attitude) and Shola's goalscoring makes him undropable. I share everyone's concerns over Nicky Butt.

Harper

Simpson      Coloccini    Taylor      Enrique

Smith

Nolan

Guthrie                                          Jonas

Carroll      Ameobi

3-0

I'm shocked that anybody rates Lovenkrands over Carroll. Personally, i think Carroll is the biggest handful we have (even if there are question marks over his attitude) and Shola's goalscoring makes him undropable. I share everyone's concerns over Nicky Butt.

Harper

Simpson       Coloccini    Taylor      Enrique

Smith

Nolan

Guthrie                                           Jonas

Carroll       Ameobi

3-0

i don't think it's so much rateing lovenkrands over carroll as the idea of carroll and ameobi together doesn't appeal.

Guest toonlass

Can't believe I am thinking of giving the game a miss cos I am full of cold. I must be getting old.

It's not fun anymore though is it?

:weep:

With  Lee Hendrie & Robbie Savage in midfield  will Nicky Butt be feeling his age today.  :snod:

Robbie Savage will no doubt get his usual stick but I have to say a couple of years ago he was warming up pre match (can't recall who for) and he went across to the Leazes End and started talking to some young Newcastle fans and got them involved, great crack and done cos he wanted to not for any "publicity" reasons.

Not a bad lad really.

Our midfield pace should be able to rip theirs apart, if Nolan plays in the centre or even behind the strikers, and we have Jonas on one wing, and either Pancrite or R Taylor on the other then I can't seem their midfielders catching anyone else other then Butt or Smith, meaning we will be free to create chances throughout the game. Well that is atleast the theory.

I do think if we get going, get out of 2nd gear then we will create many chances and be able to put a few past them, so my prediction is a close 1-0.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Our midfield pace should be able to rip theirs apart, if Nolan plays in the centre or even behind the strikers, and we have Jonas on one wing, and either Pancrite or R Taylor on the other then I can't seem their midfielders catching anyone else other then Butt or Smith, meaning we will be free to create chances throughout the game. Well that is atleast the theory.

I do think if we get going, get out of 2nd gear then we will create many chances and be able to put a few past them, so my prediction is a close 1-0.

?

I think it's pretty nailed on that the midfield tonight will be Guthrie, Nolan, Smith, Jonas. Apart from Jonas, I don't see much pace there mate.

?

I think it's pretty nailed on that the midfield tonight will be Guthrie, Nolan, Smith, Jonas. Apart from Jonas, I don't see much pace there mate.

It is compared with Derby's.

I wonder if Hughton will be doing a bit of squad rotation again? R.Taylor in for Simpson or Guthrie? Smith hopefully replacing Butt. Carroll replacing Harewood. It's funny when Hughton mentions rotating the squad to keep players fresh. Enrique, S.Taylor or Colo never get rested as we don't have any real cover for them.

Guest toonlass

Jeez, we thought our Boxing Day record was bad. Check out our "last day of the year" record. Diabolical.  :facepalm:

2008 Liverpool (h) lost 1-5

2007 Chelsea (a) lost 1-2

2006 Everton (a) lost 0-3

2005 Spurs (a) lost 0-2

2004 Arsenal (h) lost 0-1

2003 Blackburn (h) lost 0-1

2002 Spurs (h) won 2-1

2001 Chelsea (h) lost 1-2

2000 Man United (h) drew 1-1

1999 Leicester City (a) won 2-1