When we wuz great

Guest Hibbits left foot

Guest Hibbits left foot

We had fab shirts , remember the Keegan era? Grandad collars , broon ale ,blue star icons on our shirts , when weve been poor weve tended to have crappily designed shirts just coincidence?

I hated the old shits.... even then. Our new ones are fit for champions. Now we just need the players.

Shits now are great. Easy to slip out.

Trebien.

Funny thing, when we wuz great we won nowt.

When we was last great was the early 50's, couldn't win the league then either.

In fact I used to have a newspaper clipping from 1910 (found when stripping grannies wallpaper in 1960. It said NUFC are the greatest team in the world but they will never win anything. We did but no league championships until the mid 20's. I'd rather be crap and win something. Didn't the great unwashed win the FA Cup and were relegated?

Funny thing, when we wuz great we won nowt.

When we was last great was the early 50's, couldn't win the league then either.

In fact I used to have a newspaper clipping from 1910 (found when stripping grannies wallpaper in 1960. It said NUFC are the greatest team in the world but they will never win anything. We did but no league championships until the mid 20's. I'd rather be crap and win something. Didn't the great unwashed win the FA Cup and were relegated?

They were wrong - as far as I know, NUFC won the Championship in 1909 ; DESPITE a record 9-1 HOME defeat against the Mackems(this wasn't properly avenged until the 50's . when we won 6-1 at Roker Park).

The mid-20s Championship was in 1927, and Wee Hughie was the star then, but the early 1900s side had a great defence, possibly the best we've ever had and it was marshalled by Bill McCracken, the legendary

N.Irish full-back. He was so clever, they had to revise the Offside law to stop games becoming stalemates.

What was that people said about Arsenal under Graham..!!??

The grandad collar ones were great, really good material, sewn-on stripes, looked well smart.

Todays strips are utter shite, look and feel like either a Thai knock-off or, aptly, a championship side's.  Even the last home kit was better.

The grandad collar ones were great, really good material, sewn-on stripes, looked well smart.

Todays strips are utter shite, look and feel like either a Thai knock-off or, aptly, a championship side's.  Even the last home kit was better.

i think our current home shirt is the most confortable shirt we've ever had!

the one's with the shield on the back I think "Wembley", etc.

I hated the fact that the club decided to wear the new (next season) shirt at Wembley in 99... very lame.

For meaningless last home game of the season maybe ... but not when it's a final. Shirts shoudlnt overlap like that.

I hated the old shits.... even then. Our new ones are fit for champions. Now we just need the players.

Shits now are great. Easy to slip out.

Trebien.

i think you mean "tres bien"

Probably, I failed French horrifically.