Dowie leaves Charlton

PM

Suprising, looked like he was starting to turn things around slightly. I don't know what the board Charlton expected, it was always going to be a season of transition with Curbishley's reign coming to an end, and several new signings.

Quite suprised.

I reckon they'll either get Curbs or unearth some random backroom staff member to pick up their fortunes. If they get O'Leary/Hoddle then lets all wave bye bye to Charlton (/ or more probable, lets travel down to the championship with them).

Quite suprised.

I reckon they'll either get Curbs or unearth some random backroom staff member to pick up their fortunes. If they get O'Leary/Hoddle then lets all wave bye bye to Charlton (/ or more probable, lets travel down to the championship with them).

I'm fucking not. They've been utterly shit. Almost as bad as us.

Quite suprised.

I'm ****ing not. They've been utterly shit. Almost as bad as us.

I think you could even say: worse. Considering they are below you. 

Unfortunately for Dowie he had to sacked, the premiership season is already a third of the way through and Charlton have been poor and are bottom, a win against a Man City team who are abysmal away from home, and Chesterfield on penalties in the CC hardly equates to turning it round.  Charlton were going down with him, now they may stand half a chance of staying up.

Bad move, I think.

Given that he's replaced a manager who was there for over a decade, 12 games is nowhere near enough time, it is going to take much longer than that to get the playing side going his way rather than Curbishley's.

They'll come to regret that.

Exclusive taken from BBC Sport:

Charlton Atheltic chairman Richard Murray has spoken to the press as to why his club have parted company with Iain Dowie.

"Here at Charlton we pride ourselves on being a family club," explained Murray, "and unfortuantely under Iain's tenure, we noticed crowds were down as less and less families were attending matches at The Valley."

"While we have qualified for the quarter finals of the Carling Cup, we felt it was in our best interests to part company with Iain for the fundamental reason that women and children were scared of him. Put simply, Iain's face did not fit in with the family club image we have established at Charlton. In fact, ardent fans have returned season tickets after saying that they are mentally scarred by Iain's features and can never return to The Valley."

Charlton fan Joe Bloggs, 38, commented, "I have been a season ticket holder for 30 years and under Curbs, I loved to take the family for a good old fashioned Cockney knees up and see us play the part of the plucky underdogs week after week."

"However, after the Dowie experience, I'm sorry to say that my family will never return to the Valley. My little daughter is scared stiff of him, my son still has nightmares about seeing him in the dugout and my wife can't get his ugly, ugly features out of her head when I'm making love to her. My love-life has dwindled significantly since I took her to Dowie's first game in charge."

Iain Dowie himself was unavailable to comment but it seems that fans are no longer willing to simply see their team win ugly.