Report: New kit deal agreed with Puma

Dave

So its not gonna be Sports Direct as our sponsor then like some have predicted?  :lol:

Puma are reported to be making the kits for another 2 years, not sponsoring them.

don't get it, how is it a "lucrative deal" if they are just making the kit, they have to pay us to make our kit???

Of course they pay us to make our kit, how did you think it worked? :lol:

So its not gonna be Sports Direct as our sponsor then like some have predicted?  :lol:

Puma are reported to be making the kits for another 2 years, not sponsoring them.

don't get it, how is it a "lucrative deal" if they are just making the kit, they have to pay us to make our kit???

Of course they pay us to make our kit, how did you think it worked? :lol:

no idea, assumed it included sponsorship

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-owner-Mike-Ashley-agrees-lucrative-new-kit-deal-with-Puma-article835403.html

Newcastle agree lucrative new kit deal

Published 22:55 26/11/11 By Paul Smith

Newcastle United have struck a lucrative new kit deal with existing sponsors Puma.

The German sportswear giant will keep producing the iconic black-and-white stripes until at least 2014.

The Sunday Mirror understands Toon owner Mike Ashley has negotiated a significant rise in revenue from the original Puma two-year deal announced in January 2010.

At that time Newcastle were in the Championship and Ashley was appreciative of the contract Puma offered when Adidas stepped aside after 14 years as kit sponsor.

The business relationship between Ashley and Puma has blossomed over the last two seasons and a close partnership has been forged.

Puma are working flat out on a range of new kit designs, but still await details of a new sponsors name for the shirts following the Northern Rock pull-out.

Meh. Fair enough though.

Also nice to have an announcement about this too.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Puma is terrible

:sadnod:

You don't have to wear the gear for your job man :(

At least you've got the gear! Think there are more Pumas in the wild then there are training tops available.

This is just kit manufacturer right? Keeps the door open for Sports Direct to be shirt sponsor.

Soccer Scene. :thup:

Yeah, I've got a feeling it'll be them as well. Better colour scheme.

As long as it's not Sports Direct, I'll be happy.

This is just kit manufacturer right? Keeps the door open for Sports Direct to be shirt sponsor.

Soccer Scene is Sports Direct.

I actually meant as long as it's not the Sports Direct logo.

I actually meant as long as it's the Sports Direct logo.

Nah. I think I'd be more pissed in a way. Shows he hasn't got the fucking knackers to piss us off further with SD, and thinks we're so dumb that he can put Soccer Scene without it becoming widely known that it's just SD with a different logo and colour schemed website.

Nah. I think I'd be more p*ssed in a way. Shows he hasn't got the f***ing knackers to p*ss us off further with SD, and thinks we're so dumb that he can put Soccer Scene without it becoming widely known that it's just SD with a different logo and colour schemed website.

There's meant to be a "not" in my post btw :laugh:

I really want to buy a new strip (I do like our current one but probably won't buy it tbh) but definitely won't do so if SD is the shirt sponsor.

Nah. I think I'd be more p*ssed in a way. Shows he hasn't got the f***ing knackers to p*ss us off further with SD, and thinks we're so dumb that he can put Soccer Scene without it becoming widely known that it's just SD with a different logo and colour schemed website.

I really want to buy a new strip (I do like our current one but probably won't buy it tbh) but definitely won't do so if SD is the shirt sponsor.

...and if it's Soccer Scene?

...and if it's Soccer Scene?

Actually, nah wouldn't go for that either. So touché.

What I will say is, as long as the shirt sponsor isn't Sports Direct or any of its subsidiaries , I'll be content enough.

Guest bimpy474

Wasn't there a Virgin Money rumor? Where did I read that? Nothing on here.

It was in one of the papers, The Independent i think, interview with the new MD of Virgin Money.