Any thoughts on the Chinese Execution ?

Rob W

Saw the front page of the mail today, saying we have no right to lecture China for executing people caught with drugs because as a county we 'revere junkies like Kate Moss'. Not quite sure I see the logic.

The Mail, logic, Ha! :lol:

Saw the front page of the mail today, saying we have no right to lecture China for executing people caught with drugs because as a county we 'revere junkies like Kate Moss'. Not quite sure I see the logic.

Made me laugh like.

From the viz: confuse daily mail readers by stating that paedophiles are the natural predators of immigrants.

Seriously though, i'm not sure what the facts are despite reading from each side.

What did the person get caught with?

4 kilos of heroin - although he was supposedly tricked into carrying it and had been through some kind of breakdown beforehand.

British version

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8433704.stm

Chinese version

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-12/29/content_12723678.htm

To be fair, it is true that he shouldn't get better treatment just because he's British and that is exactly how a Chinese national would have been treated, but that doesn't mean it's not a fucking barbaric practice that should have no place in a civilised society. Perhaps if we criticised them for each and every state sponsored murder that they carried out - and every other backward fuckwit country that still does the same - then we might get somewhere. The sad fact is we only give a shit when it's one of our own or someone with a bit of celebrity about them and even then we don't actually do anything, the only time we've taken the moral high-ground for a while was with the Russians for killing one of their own countrymen and that was probably only because he was telling us a load of their state secrets.

What did the person get caught with?

4 kilos of heroin - although he was supposedly tricked into carrying it and had been through some kind of breakdown beforehand.

British version

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8433704.stm

Chinese version

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-12/29/content_12723678.htm

To be fair, it is true that he shouldn't get better treatment just because he's British and that is exactly how a Chinese national would have been treated, but that doesn't mean it's not a f***ing barbaric practice that should have no place in a civilised society. Perhaps if we criticised them for each and every state sponsored murder that they carried out - and every other backward fuckwit country that still does the same - then we might get somewhere. The sad fact is we only give a s*** when it's one of our own or someone with a bit of celebrity about them and even then we don't actually do anything, the only time we've taken the moral high-ground for a while was with the Russians for killing one of their own countrymen and that was probably only because he was telling us a load of their state secrets.

Aye, we seem to only complain when it suits us.

Any execution is a barbaric and pointless exercise, especially in circumstances such as this.

I bet you would be the first to be pointing a gun to someone if they murderd a family member of yours, or a peado touched someone you knew. Make no mistake about it executions are are good way for punishement in the right cases, drug smuggling though doesn't appear to be one of them.

Any execution is a barbaric and pointless exercise, especially in circumstances such as this.

I bet you would be the first to be pointing a gun to someone if they murderd a family member of yours, or a peado touched someone you knew. Make no mistake about it executions are are good way for punishement in the right cases, drug smuggling though doesn't appear to be one of them.

Nah, and even if I was, that's exactly the reason why I've stated before that victims' and victims' families' views should not be taken into account either during the trial or sentencing. The whole point of having a legal system is to avoid mob-justice and ensure that convictions are sound and based upon evidence, not emotion and a desire for revenge.

A great man once said "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" he was right and you are wrong. There is nothing good about executions.

Guest toonlass

In China you can be executed for Tax fraud ffs. The executed man's mental health problems were not taken into account either.

In China you can be executed for Tax fraud ffs. The executed man's mental health problems were not taken into account either.

Corruption etc. is the biggest cancer towards a country survival IMO. It is confusing also how to determine how much the punishment get for stealing something. Example people steal chicken from the neighbor house it only worth 2 pound he gets 3 month jailed time. So corruption for 10 million pound how long he get jailed time? punishment using more than human average age is absurd.

I don't agree with execution also... but problem is does it fair to all party?

for the case execution for drug... i really don't agree with that...

i don't know which country who started execution for drug at first place... i always thought since long time ago Asia already have culture in drug. Didn't it British also who involved in using drug in wars in china region long time ago?

Can we send Harry to face trial there? :harry: