Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I doubt the teams Boyd scores against are much better than the teams in league one, and at least Beckford can play outside the six yard box a little. If we were gonna sign either it should have been before the start of this season though.

Too much to ask for a midfield instead of stockpiling average strikers?

I think this answers your question.

Hughton says: “It’s no secret that we want to replace what we’ve had, which is a centre-forward and a centre-half.

“The two players – Zurab and Marlon – have gone back, and we have to make decisions on those two, and look at the options we have.

“At this moment, we’re still making decisions, and weighing up the options we have, and nothing’s been finalised yet.”

Too much to ask for a midfield instead of stockpiling average strikers?

Seems like it, doesn't it. :sigh:

We have Alan Smith, Nicky Butt and plenty of cover. No wonder they call Newcastle fans deluded.

FWIW I'd take a gamble on Beckford. It'd be a nice change to sign someone new, on the up and on form.

Depends on who the alternatives are though.

Agree. He has pace which is something nearly all of our players (bar Enrique and Lovenkrands) sorely lack.

Boyd is a fat goalpoacher who would be useless once promotion is gained, and I never want to see that little shit Chopra darken our door ever again.

there all decent championship strikers, but we have 4 of those already, id sooner get a midfielder in and buy a Premiership quality striker if we get there.

Probably the most sensible thing to do, which of course means we won't do it.