Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You can imagine the bargaining process:

Leeds: 'We want £2.5 million.'

Us: 'How about a million?'

Leeds: 'No, we've made our position clear.'

Us: '£1.5 million?'

Leeds: 'Erm...'

Us: '1.5 million and a further million if we are promoted?'

Leeds: ' How are not getting this?'

Us: 'OK, erm, 1.5 million?'

Reminds me of some of my FM negotiations for players who shouldn't cost any more than £15m.

Me: "£15m"

Them: "We want a deal starting at £37.5m"

Me: "Er...no...£15m"

Them: "We are willing to settle for a deal starting at £42.5m"

Me: "Cunts...take the £15m"

Them: "Ok we are willing to go back to £37.5m"

Me: "AIJRWORWIOJAORW"

*Transfer deadline has passed*

Fun times.

Can this SHIT be moved to the games/kids forum please?

Its M'Bia, Ebondo, Johnson etc all over again.

The big question is does Ashley etc really want to sign them or the plan all along to appear that we want to?

I know which one my money is on.

£1.5m for a striker we can pick up for free in the summer was a pretty generous offer tbf. While it's a signing I would have liked to happen you can't just offer dafyt money when there's no cause for it.

Isn't Boyd injured? due/just had an operation?

I would prefer a punt on George Boyd if we could get him.

Spot on. Would love us to give George Boyd a shot. Peterborough would want silly money for him though as they dont really need to sell. People bang on about Maclean and Mackail-Smith at POSH but in my opinion they would be average league 2 players/non-league were it not for Boyd, a really really good forward thinking midfielder/attacker.

Waste of f***ing time, we should just stick to loan signings this season.

I think that was ashleys plan all along

I don't think it's a bad plan really, there's no point in letting the likes of Leeds exploit us, from what I've heard they have been offered more than enough considering the circumstances.

Waste of f***ing time, we should just stick to loan signings this season.

I think that was ashleys plan all along

I don't think it's a bad plan really, there's no point in letting the likes of Leeds exploit us, from what I've heard they have been offered more than enough considering the circumstances.

We already have the biggest wage bill by some margin in the Championship. It's a bitter pill to swallow but this could be a step on the road to Newcastle United living within it's means and not letting players/clubs take the piss when it comes to wages and transfer fees demands.

They didn't like him before the transfer request mate. They've been literally abusing him for the last 2 weeks.

http://www.waccoe.com/index.php?showtopic=171619

They seem to love him , really pleased that he is staying. Unless they are all being ironic.

Someone asked if anyone had a link to the barcodes messageboard & few posts later someone sends them :

http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/index.php?board=2.0

Wtf is that place?

Awesome. I'm signing up and jumping ship.

They didn't like him before the transfer request mate. They've been literally abusing him for the last 2 weeks.

http://www.waccoe.com/index.php?showtopic=171619

They seem to love him , really pleased that he is staying. Unless they are all being ironic.

i visited there a few weeks ago and they were all abusing the f*** out of him.

According to Fireoftheworks he was getting it badly at Elland Road last week.

I've read about 10 times in the last 3 weeks that the Leeds fans 'adore Beckford'. Seriously, do adored players at nufc get called a 'lazy bl*ck c***' often? - happens with Beckford every single game. The Norwich game a case in point, until he scored the winner.

Still wouldn't be at all suprised too see Beckford move before January is over.  At the end of the day he's still not going to sign a new contract and if Leeds recieve a decent offer they'll sell no matter what announcements they make.

Still wouldn't be at all suprised too see Beckford move before January is over.  At the end of the day he's still not going to sign a new contract and if Leeds recieve a decent offer they'll sell no matter what announcements they make.

it will all get a bit twitchy the last couple days in Jan.

Surprise bid from Harry Redknapp?

Surprise bid from Harry Redknapp?

I was actually talking about twitchy arseholes tbh.....oh hang on ...

I doubt he'll be a Leeds player come February. Reckon they'll panic on deadline day when they realise no one's called their bluff and someone will get him for the original asking price.

West Brom or Forest!