Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking lazy and like poor footballers is the very definition of some of our most useful players this season. Course he'd get games.

Ive no idea of his potential though, id want us to be looking towards the prem at this stage. Signing a player from two leagues below it in the hope theyll step up is a big risk.

Beckford would last 10 times game with us before being cast out the side for being 'lazy' and a 'poor footballer'.

Him and the crowd at SJP would be a massive, massive wrong fit. As would Boyd tbh, but to a lesser extent.

Lesser extent? that's the definition of Boyd. Beckford has pace and can finish from more than 12 yards at least.

Boyd would score more goals and close players down from time to time though.

No competition, in my opinion.

Chopra would not really be welcomed back and is mediocre at best. He is not a premiership player plus he would cost too much from Cardiff.

Boyd is a goal poacher but if you look at his record against the top clubs in Scotland, particularly, Celtic, it isnt very good. The majority of his goals are scored against the much weaker teams therefore I dont see him doing the business aganst the likes of WBA, Forest etc. He also lacks pace with is something we already have with Shola and Carroll.

Beckford would certainly be an interesting choice. He is also a poacher although unproven at a higher level than league one. However, Andy Cole and many others over the years strarted their careers in the lower leagues and flourished when given the opportunity at a higher level. Beckford has the potential to do this and the added bonus of his pace would be welcomed. As he is at the end of his contract, he would certainly be cheaper than what Bates is quoting, possibly as low as a million quid. Like it or not, Leeds still need the money and may not have any other optioin but to sell in January.

Skirge

More to the point, how do you know? or has Marley being rousting the bitches in the Leeds area recently?

My lips are sealed.. it seems the story is gathering pace thoughh

Newcastle will offer Leeds £1.25m for striker Jermaine Beckford, who can leave on a free transfer in the summer.

Full story: The Sun

Skirge

Hmm, they will knock it back and this saga is likely to go until Jan 31 when Middlesbrough sign him and we are running around at the last minute trying to sign some has been journeyman on loan.

Mate, the Sun says it all. Not exactly the most reliable newspaper in the world.

Think Skirge is right, will probably be Beckford imo. Cardiff will try to rinse us for every penny for Chopra, and we've been notable admirers of Beckford for a while.

Chopra to much money, Harewood or Beckford who are both going to be out of contract come the end of the season, we will prefer to pay out now for Beckford than Harewood.

Think Skirge is right, will probably be Beckford imo. Cardiff will try to rinse us for every penny for Chopra, and we've been notable admirers of Beckford for a while.

Chopra to much money, Harewood or Beckford who are both going to be out of contract come the end of the season, we will prefer to pay out now for Beckford than Harewood.

Agreed, Beckford has far more potential and would flourish in our team. I think he's had difficulties at Leeds because there aren't a lot of big ego's there, here there are a lot of fairly big names so it would suit him better.

We really wanted Beckford at the start of the season and he wanted to come but Leeds played hardball over the fee and thought they would be able to get him to sign a new deal, that did not happen so now they know they have to sell him and we have it sorted.

was this posted yesterday?

Chris Hughton: I want Jermaine Beckford Dec 29 2009

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/12/29/chris-hughton-i-want-jermaine-beckford-72703-25486276/

IF Beckford is going to Newcastle (seems he will) what about a swap with Nile Ranger? He seems to me to be a really good prospect, who could go on to play at the highest level. Where as Beckford, ok he's done good for us, has found his level in this division.

:shifty:

I think Beckford might get 10 goals between Jan and May, but in all honestly he's a worse footballer than Harewood and generally gives nothing to the team. We already have one of them in the team.

Right I am putting it down to you being heavily medicated, you must be careful you know a ritalin overdose can be very dangerous.

I think Beckford might get 10 goals between Jan and May, but in all honestly he's a worse footballer than Harewood and generally gives nothing to the team. We already have one of them in the team.

Right I am putting it down to you being heavily medicated, you must be careful you know a ritalin overdose can be very dangerous.

Aye, and how many times have you seen Beckford play?