Should we get promoted who could we realistically get as manager in 2010/2011?

Guest michaelfoster
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Realistically? Hughton or Kinnear, take your pick.

This clearly

Well done for going to so much trouble over nothing though

Guest Roger Kint

Would Keegan come back? Doubt it.

Shearer did nothing for me the 8 games he was in charge.

I would have to say Mark Hughes out of that lot.

So you seriously think that NUFC under the ownership of Mike Ashley would REALISTICALLY ditch Hughton for Hughes?

His contract runs til 2011, he will be here til then as long as Ashley is man! :rolleyes:

If we've still got Ashley in the summer then we'll still have Hughton.  Hughton will be gone within 10 games of the new season if we go up, no matter who owns the club and then it will be welcome to last season as they start panicking and getting every decision wrong again.

If we were ever to bring someone in, it'd only work if it was someone who knew how to operate on a shoe-string budget. That's where Hughes would be an attractive option (i know he isn't an option). If we let Hughton go and, for instance, brought Shearer in - it just wouldn't work and it'd be crucifying - cos he's got no experience in the transfer market, therefore no nouse to work with no cash. Not to mention a threadbare scouting set-up to 'assist' him.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Curbishely- Pretty experienced in the Premier League, would keep us up, bit of stability and security. Of course it will never happen though- We'll have Hughton & Calderwood & Barron with the task of keeping us up next season on a tiny budget and loan signings

What is the attraction of Mark Hughes ?

He's a free agent, and isn't just 'better than Hughton', he's clearly a capable and proven Premier League manager who's shown a lot of early promise. Reasonable criteria imo. Even if he's a twat and we haven't got a hope in hell of getting him.

Guest Roger Kint

What is the attraction of Mark Hughes ?

He's a free agent, and isn't just 'better than Hughton', he's clearly a capable and proven Premier League manager who's shown a lot of early promise. Reasonable criteria imo. Even if he's a t*** and we haven't got a hope in hell of getting him.

So why are people voting for him? :shifty:

Dunno. That's just hopeful delusion if you ask me. We all succumb to it every now and again. :(

I wish i was a neutral cos if we do go up, it would be quite a laugh/quite interesting to see what happens in the summer and the ensuing season. Hughton could totally balls it up and we'd have a worse team than Derby, and it'd be a great laugh for everyone... or he could pull off one or two masterstrokes in the transfer market and drag us to something like mid-table.

Guest Roger Kint

Dunno. That's just hopeful delusion if you ask me. We all succumb to it every now and again. :(

The clues in the thread title though, am the same with next season mind. While i will be happy to be back there the chances of us falling hard arent too apealing :undecided: