Should we get promoted who could we realistically get as manager in 2010/2011?

Guest michaelfoster
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

It'll be quite funny seeing Hughton manage in the prem given that he's about the worst manager in the championship.

If it wasnt so gut-wrenching imagining us getting 10 points i would agree ;D

I think all of the following are attainable, in the sense of them willing to manage Newcaslte, not necessarily Ashley would appoint them.

In my preference order :

Marcellino - multiple miguel munez trophy winner. Still young, an excellent long term solution with a nice blend of impressive proven track record and obvious potential.

Mark Hughes - have an eye for transfers. Worked wonder with Blakcburn. Still youngish,  a very good long candidate.

Co Adriaanse - has worked in different countries, so shouldn't have any problem with cultural adaptation. Track record is quite decent.

Alan Shearer - sentimental reason.

Chris Hughton - I would rather stick with Hughton than getting others. Hughton has earnt his right, and I don't see others being able to perform meaningfully better than Hughton.

Mickey Hughes has been a class act from what i've seen, competant manager and i'd love to him him a three/four year run here as the magic he squeezed out of blackburn was great.

who's micky hughes and shouldn't your username have 2 "r"s in it ?

• 1 month later...

Not saying we have a chance but Mourinho is apparently ready to buy himself out of his Inter contract (£5m). He's had enough of Italy, doesn't love it and finds the Italian game boring and bland. He wants a return to England which has apparently alerted Citeh and Liverpool.

I'd be gutted if he went to Liverpool.

Who knows, maybe Ashley will sell up to some mentally rich foreigner and JM fancies the challenge. Aye, whatever.  :lol:

Don't think we can afford to go foreign with Ashley in charge as he'll see it as the first step in getting the Continental system back in place; DOF's and all that shit that worked out so well last time.