Should we get promoted who could we realistically get as manager in 2010/2011?

Guest michaelfoster
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I rate Schuster as a manager too, I think he's done well at every club he's managed.

Víctor Fernandez is not unemployed by the way, he's at Betis. Great, great manager in the 1990s, not sure his brand of football (which was gorgeous to watch) is good for these times or outside La Liga.

I rate Schuster as a manager too, I think he's done well at every club he's managed.

Víctor Fernandez is not unemployed by the way, he's at Betis. Great, great manager in the 1990s, not sure his brand of football (which was gorgeous to watch) is good for these times or outside La Liga.

Anyone else we could possibly get from Spain that could do a job for us?

Don't think we can afford to go foreign with Ashley in charge as he'll see it as the first step in getting the Continental system back in place; DOF's and all that s*** that worked out so well last time.

I wouldn't have any problem with that at all. As long as everyone knows the way things are working any system is perfectly fine with me.

Mark Hughes.

I'd take him.

Probably our best realistic option.

Did a great job at Blackburn, his transfer record there was superb. I think he'd be perfect for us if we went up.

No Chance with Ashley as owner. Hughton will stay as manager AT LEAST til Christmas. I personally don't think that Hughton will do a bad job tbh. I also think that some stability is no bad thing at all.

Anyone else we could possibly get from Spain that could do a job for us?

Can't think of nobody unemployed (apart from Schuster) who I would recommend without reservations. There's Juande Ramos but... nah.

There's always David Vidal, for the comedy factor:

Pity you can't understand him. Pintoresque manager, very successful at keeping modest teams up in La Liga.

"You are the centreback, you're there so we don't get scored against, don't try to get all Beckenbauer on me. Don't touch the ball so much, if you get it, just boot it up there"  :snod:

(It's a home video from a training session, so I guess it's ok to post it, isn't it? It's also posted by the local news station that recorded it)

Mark Hughes, think we'd be ideal for him and vice versa. He was a bit like a fish out of water at Citeh after the mega bucks started flowing in.

How is sticking with Hughton second in the poll? We'd get absolutely destroyed with him at the helm in the PL. Don't get me wrong cracking bloke and coach but when it comes to management he just doesn't cut it for me like.

While I don't think Hughton has what it takes for the Prem, I think should he get us promoted he should keep the job until he fails. The players seem to really like him, and while we don't play good stuff we're winning games and getting points, we'll just have to wait and see if he can continue in the Prem, he might surprise us all.

While I don't think Hughton has what it takes for the Prem, I think should he get us promoted he should keep the job until he fails. The players seem to really like him, and while we don't play good stuff we're winning games and getting points, we'll just have to wait and see if he can continue in the Prem, he might surprise us all.

Probably agree with that tbh. He'll be gone by Christmas either way.